fax: +886 2 2873 9318
Article first published online: 7 JAN 2013
Copyright © 2012 American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
Volume 57, Issue 1, pages 112–119, January 2013
How to Cite
Hsu, C.-Y., Lee, Y.-H., Hsia, C.-Y., Huang, Y.-H., Su, C.-W., Lin, H.-C., Lee, R.-C., Chiou, Y.-Y., Lee, F.-Y. and Huo, T.-I. (2013), Performance status in patients with hepatocellular carcinoma: Determinants, prognostic impact, and ability to improve the Barcelona Clinic Liver Cancer system. Hepatology, 57: 112–119. doi: 10.1002/hep.25950
Potential conflict of interest: Nothing to report.
Supported by grants from the Center of Excellence for Cancer Research at Taipei Veterans General Hospital (DOH101-TD-C-111-007), Taiwan, from Taipei Veterans General Hospital (V101C-170), Taipei, Taiwan, and from the Ministry of Education, Aim for the Top University Plan (101AC-D101), Taiwan.
- Issue published online: 7 JAN 2013
- Article first published online: 7 JAN 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 13 JUL 2012 04:24PM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 25 JUN 2012
- Manuscript Received: 17 APR 2012
- 9Comparison of seven staging systems in cirrhotic patients with hepatocellular carcinoma in a cohort of patients who underwent radiofrequency ablation with complete response. Am J Gastroenterol 2008; 103: 597-604., , , , , , et al.Direct Link:
- 15The model for end-stage liver disease-based Japan Integrated Scoring system may have a better predictive ability for patients with hepatocellular carcinoma undergoing locoregional therapy. Cancer 2006; 107: 141-148., , , , , , et al.
- 16Proposal of a modified Cancer of the Liver Italian Program staging system based on the model for end-stage liver disease for patients with hepatocellular carcinoma undergoing loco-regional therapy. Am J Gastroenterol 2006; 101: 975-982., , , , , , et al.Direct Link:
- 20Performance status is the most powerful risk factor for early death among patients with advanced soft tissue sarcoma: the European Organisation for Research and Treatment of Cancer-Soft Tissue and Bone Sarcoma Group (STBSG) and French Sarcoma Group (FSG) study. Br J Cancer 2011; 104: 1544-1550., , , , , , et al.
- 21Ascites in patients with hepatocellular carcinoma: prevalence, associated factors, prognostic impact and staging strategy. Hepatol Int 2012 [Epub ahead of print]., , , , , , et al.
- 27Hepatocellular carcinoma in the elderly: results of surgical and nonsurgical management. Am J Gastroenterol 1999; 94: 2460-2466., , , , , , et al.Direct Link:
- 30Alcoholism worsens the survival of patients with hepatitis B virus and C virus-related hepatocellular carcinoma. Hepatol Int 2012 [Epub ahead of print]., , , , , , et al.