These authors participated equally in this study.
Article first published online: 4 DEC 2012
Copyright © 2012 American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
Volume 56, Issue 6, pages 2094–2105, December 2012
How to Cite
Li, S., Vriend, L. E.M., Nasser, I. A., Popov, Y., Afdhal, N. H., Koziel, M. J., Schuppan, D., Exley, M. A. and Alatrakchi, N. (2012), Hepatitis c virus-specific t-cell-derived transforming growth factor beta is associated with slow hepatic fibrogenesis. Hepatology, 56: 2094–2105. doi: 10.1002/hep.25951
Potential conflict of interest: Nothing to report.
Financial support: U19 AI066313 to N.A., M.E., and D.S., R01 DK066917 and R21 CA143748 to M.E., China Scholarship Council to S.L., and U01 AI068636 to N.A.
Present address for M.J. Koziel: Vertex Pharmaceuticals, Cambridge, MA.
The protocol was reviewed and approved by the Investigational Review Board of Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and all subjects gave informed consent for the collection of specimens.
- Issue published online: 4 DEC 2012
- Article first published online: 4 DEC 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 14 JUL 2012 03:10AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 11 JUN 2012
- Manuscript Received: 13 JUL 2011
- China Scholarship Council. Grant Numbers: U19 AI066313, R01 DK066917, R21 CA143748, U01 AI068636
This article has been cited by:
- 1An overview of effective therapies and recent advances in biomarkers for chronic liver diseases and associated liver cancer, International Immunopharmacology, 2015, 24, 2, 335, ,
- 2T cell exhaustion during persistent viral infections, Virology, 2015, 479-480, 180, , ,
- 3Controversy on the role of FoxP3+ regulatory T cells in fibrogenesis in chronic hepatitis C virus infections, Journal of Hepatology, 2014, 60, 1, 231, , , ,
- 4Monocyte Subsets in Schistosomiasis Patients with Periportal Fibrosis, Mediators of Inflammation, 2014, 2014, 1, , , , , ,
- 5Role of antiviral therapy in the management of hepatocellular carcinoma, Anti-Cancer Drugs, 2013, 24, 4, 337, ,
- 6Role of T cell immunity in hepatitis C virus infections, Current Opinion in Virology, 2013, 3, 4, 461, , ,