fax: +32 14 641 928
Version of Record online: 4 DEC 2012
Copyright © 2012 American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
Volume 56, Issue 6, pages 2106–2115, December 2012
How to Cite
De Meyer, S., Dierynck, I., Ghys, A., Beumont, M., Daems, B., Van Baelen, B., Sullivan, J. C., Bartels, D. J., Kieffer, T. L., Zeuzem, S. and Picchio, G. (2012), Characterization of telaprevir treatment outcomes and resistance in patients with prior treatment failure: Results from the REALIZE trial. Hepatology, 56: 2106–2115. doi: 10.1002/hep.25962
Potential conflict of interest: Sandra De Meyer, Inge Dierynck, Anne Ghys, Maria Beumont, Bjorn Daems, and Ben Van Baelen are full-time employees of Janssen Infectious Diseases BVBA. James C. Sullivan, Douglas J Bartels, and Tara L. Kieffer are full-time employees of Vertex Pharmaceuticals. Stefan Zeuzem has been a consultant for Abbott, Anadys, Achillion, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Gilead, Novartis, Merck, Pfizer, Pharmasset, Roche, Vertex Pharmaceuticals, Tibotec Inc., Santaris, and iTherX. Gaston Picchio is a full-time employee of Janssen Research and Development.
The clinical trial was sponsored by Janssen Pharmaceuticals and Vertex Pharmaceuticals. Medical writing support and general editorial assistance for this article was provided by Ryan Woodrow and Joanne Williams (Medical Writers, Gardiner-Caldwell Communications, Macclesfield, UK) and funded by Janssen Pharmaceuticals.
- Issue online: 4 DEC 2012
- Version of Record online: 4 DEC 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 16 JUL 2012 05:13PM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 18 JUN 2012
- Manuscript Received: 28 FEB 2012
- Janssen Pharmaceuticals and Vertex Pharmaceuticals
- general editorial assistance
- Medical Writers, Gardiner-Caldwell Communications, Macclesfield, UK)
- 5European Medicines Agency. INCIVO® (telaprevir) tablets. Summary of Product Characteristics October 2011. Available from: http://www.ema.europa.eu/docs/en_GB/document_library/EPAR_-_Product_Information/human/002313/WC500115529.pdf [Accessed 19 October 2011].
- 6INCIVEK® (telaprevir) tablets. FDA Prescribing Information May 2011. Available from http://pi.vrtx.com/files/uspi_telaprevir.pdf [Accessed 19 October 2011].
- 19Clinical virology results from telaprevir phase 3 study ADVANCE. HEPATOLOGY 2010; 52: 879A., , , , , , et al.
- 22Molecular characterization of HCV resistance to telaprevir by means of ultra-deep pyrosequencing: preexisting resistant variants and dynamics of resistant populations. J Hepatol 2011; 54( Suppl 1): S30., , , , , .
- 23Frequencies of resistance-associated amino acid variants detected by 454-sequencing during combination treatment with boceprevir plus pegintron (peginterferon alfa-2b)/ribavirin in HCV (GT1)-infected patients. J Hepatol 2011; 54( Suppl 1): S176., , , , , , et al.
- 24Efficacy of boceprevir, an NS3 protease inhibitor, in combination with peginterferon alfa-2b and ribavirin in treatment-naive patients with genotype 1 hepatitis C infection (SPRINT-1): an open-label, randomised, multicentre phase 2 trial. Lancet 2010; 376: 705-716., , , , , , et al.
- 25Sustained virologic response and boceprevir resistance-associated variants observed in patients infected with HCV genotype 1a/1b when treated with boceprevir plus peginterferon alfa-2b/ribavirin:. J Hepatol 2011; 54( Suppl 1): S471., , , , , , et al.
- 27Long-term outcomes following combination treatment with boceprevir plus peg-intron/ribavirin (P/R) in patients with chronic hepatitis c, genotype 1 (Chc-G1). J Hepatol 2010; 52( Suppl 1): S470-S471., , , , , , et al.
- 29Long-term follow-up of patients with chronic hepatitis C treated with telaprevir in combination with peginterferon alfa-2a and ribavirin: interim analysis of the EXTEND study. [Abstract] HEPATOLOGY 2010; 52( Suppl): 436A., , , , , , et al.