These authors contributed equally to this work.
Steatohepatitis/Metabolic Liver Disease
Article first published online: 6 DEC 2012
Copyright © 2012 American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
Volume 57, Issue 2, pages 525–532, February 2013
How to Cite
Park, J.-W., Park, W.-J., Kuperman, Y., Boura-Halfon, S., Pewzner-Jung, Y. and Futerman, A. H. (2013), Ablation of very long acyl chain sphingolipids causes hepatic insulin resistance in mice due to altered detergent-resistant membranes. Hepatology, 57: 525–532. doi: 10.1002/hep.26015
Potential conflict of interest: Nothing to report.
Supported by the Minerva Foundation and the Israel Science Foundation (0888/11). J.-W.P was supported by National Research Foundation of Korea Grant NRF-2010-357-C00069 from the Korean Ministry of Education, Science, and Technology.
Joo-Won Park is currently affiliated with the Department of Biochemistry, School of Medicine, Ewha Womans University, Seoul, South Korea.
- Issue published online: 5 FEB 2013
- Article first published online: 6 DEC 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 22 AUG 2012 03:21AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 8 AUG 2012
- Manuscript Received: 15 MAY 2012
This article has been cited by:
- 1Lack of ceramide synthase 2 suppresses the development of experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis by impairing the migratory capacity of neutrophils, Brain, Behavior, and Immunity, 2015,, , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
- 2Sortilin deficiency improves the metabolic phenotype and reduces hepatic steatosis of mice subjected to diet-induced obesity, Journal of Hepatology, 2015, 62, 1, 175, , , , , , , , , , ,
- 3Sphingolipids and mitochondrial apoptosis, Journal of Bioenergetics and Biomembranes, 2015,, , ,
- 5Ceramide synthases as potential targets for therapeutic intervention in human diseases, Biochimica et Biophysica Acta (BBA) - Molecular and Cell Biology of Lipids, 2014, 1841, 5, 671, , ,
- 6CerS2 Haploinsufficiency Inhibits β-Oxidation and Confers Susceptibility to Diet-Induced Steatohepatitis and Insulin Resistance, Cell Metabolism, 2014, 20, 4, 687, , , , , , , , , , , , ,
- 7Decreased plasma levels of select very long chain ceramide species Are associated with the development of nephropathy in type 1 diabetes, Metabolism, 2014, 63, 10, 1287, , , , , , , ,
- 8GM3 and diabetes, Glycoconjugate Journal, 2014, 31, 3, 193,
- 9Hepatic fatty acid uptake is regulated by the sphingolipid acyl chain length, Biochimica et Biophysica Acta (BBA) - Molecular and Cell Biology of Lipids, 2014, 1841, 12, 1754, , , , , ,
- 11Roles of Sphingolipid Metabolism in Pancreatic β Cell Dysfunction Induced by Lipotoxicity, Journal of Clinical Medicine, 2014, 3, 2, 646, , , , , ,
- 12Sphingolipid metabolites in inflammatory disease, Nature, 2014, 510, 7503, 58, ,
- 13Sphingolipid regulators of cellular dysfunction in Type 2 diabetes mellitus: a systems overview, Clinical Lipidology, 2014, 9, 5, 553, , , ,
- 14Sphingolipid symmetry governs membrane lipid raft structure, Biochimica et Biophysica Acta (BBA) - Biomembranes, 2014, 1838, 7, 1922,
- 15Tonsil-derived mesenchymal stem cells alleviate concanavalin A-induced acute liver injury, Experimental Cell Research, 2014, 326, 1, 143, , , , , , , , ,
- 16Uric acid induces fat accumulation via generation of endoplasmic reticulum stress and SREBP-1c activation in hepatocytes, Laboratory Investigation, 2014, 94, 10, 1114, , , , , , , , , ,
- 17Altering the sphingolipid acyl chain composition prevents LPS/GLN-mediated hepatic failure in mice by disrupting TNFR1 internalization, Cell Death and Disease, 2013, 4, 11, e929, , , , , ,
- 18Ceramide accumulation in L6 skeletal muscle cells due to increased activity of ceramide synthase isoforms has opposing effects on insulin action to those caused by palmitate treatment, Diabetologia, 2013, 56, 12, 2697, , , , , , ,
- 20The complexity of sphingolipid biosynthesis in the endoplasmic reticulum, Biochimica et Biophysica Acta (BBA) - Molecular Cell Research, 2013, 1833, 11, 2511, ,