These authors contributed equally to this work.
Article first published online: 7 JAN 2013
Copyright © 2012 American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
Volume 57, Issue 1, pages 46–58, January 2013
How to Cite
Nitta, S., Sakamoto, N., Nakagawa, M., Kakinuma, S., Mishima, K., Kusano-Kitazume, A., Kiyohashi, K., Murakawa, M., Nishimura-Sakurai, Y., Azuma, S., Tasaka-Fujita, M., Asahina, Y., Yoneyama, M., Fujita, T. and Watanabe, M. (2013), Hepatitis C virus NS4B protein targets STING and abrogates RIG-I–mediated type I interferon-dependent innate immunity. Hepatology, 57: 46–58. doi: 10.1002/hep.26017
Potential conflict of interest: Nothing to report.
BiFC, bimolecular fluorescence complementation; CARD, caspase recruitment domain; DAPI, 4',6-diamidino-2-phenylindole; dsRNA, double-stranded RNA; ER, endoplasmic reticulum; FACL4, fatty acid-CoA ligase, long chain 4; HCV, hepatitis C virus; IFN, interferon; IKKϵ, IκB kinase ϵ; IRF-3, interferon-regulatory factor 3; ISRE, interferon-stimulated response element; MAM, mitochondria-associated ER membrane; mKG, monomeric Kusabira-Green; PDI, protein disulphide-isomerase; pIRF-3, phosphorylated IRF3; poly(dA:dT), poly(deoxyadenylic-deoxythymidylic) acid; RIG-I, retinoic acid–inducible gene I; siRNA, small interfering RNA; SOCS, suppressor of cytokine signaling; STAT1, signal transducer and activator of transcription protein-1; STING, stimulator of interferon genes; TBK1, TANK binding kinase 1.
- Issue published online: 7 JAN 2013
- Article first published online: 7 JAN 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 22 AUG 2012 03:21AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 24 JUL 2012
- Manuscript Received: 16 SEP 2011
This article has been cited by:
- 1Crosstalk between Mycobacterium tuberculosis and the host cell, Seminars in Immunology, 2014, 26, 6, 486, ,
- 2Emerging roles of interferon-stimulated genes in the innate immune response to hepatitis C virus infection, Cellular and Molecular Immunology, 2014,, ,
- 3Immunocompetent mouse models to evaluate intrahepatic T cell responses to HCV vaccines, Human Vaccines & Immunotherapeutics, 2014, 10, 12, 3576, , , , ,
- 4Message in a bottle: lessons learned from antagonism of STING signalling during RNA virus infection, Cytokine & Growth Factor Reviews, 2014, 25, 6, 669, ,
- 5MITA/STING: A central and multifaceted mediator in innate immune response, Cytokine & Growth Factor Reviews, 2014, 25, 6, 631, , ,
- 6Recognition of Human Oncogenic Viruses by Host Pattern-Recognition Receptors, Frontiers in Immunology, 2014, 5,,
- 7Autophagy: Cancer, Other Pathologies, Inflammation, Immunity, Infection, and Aging, 2014,, ,
- 8Barriers of hepatitis C virus interspecies transmission, Virology, 2013, 435, 1, 70, ,
- 9Hepatitis C virus NS4B blocks the interaction of STING and TBK1 to evade host innate immunity, Journal of Hepatology, 2013, 59, 1, 52, , , , , , , ,
- 10Innate antiviral signalling in the central nervous system, Trends in Immunology, 2013,, , , ,