Potential conflict of interest: Dr. Kim consults for Vertex.
Article first published online: 15 FEB 2013
Copyright © 2012 American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
Volume 57, Issue 3, pages 944–952, March 2013
How to Cite
Kim, A. Y., Nagami, E. H., Birch, C. E., Bowen, M. J., Lauer, G. M. and McGovern, B. H. (2013), A simple strategy to identify acute hepatitis C virus infection among newly incarcerated injection drug users. Hepatology, 57: 944–952. doi: 10.1002/hep.26113
Supported by the National Institutes of Health National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases Hepatitis C Cooperative Center (Grant U19 AI066345 [to G.M.L. and A.Y.K.] and Grant K23 AI054379 [to A.Y.K.]) and the Harvard University Center for AIDS Research (Grant P30 AI060354).
This study was presented in part at the 45th Annual Meeting of the Infectious Disease Society of America, San Diego, CA, October 4-7, 2007, and at the 60th Annual Meeting of the American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases, Boston, MA, October 30-November 3, 2009.
Christopher E. Birch is currently affiliated with Fletcher Allen Health Care, University of Vermont, Burlington, VT.
- Issue published online: 28 FEB 2013
- Article first published online: 15 FEB 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 30 OCT 2012 12:00AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 14 OCT 2012
- Manuscript Received: 15 AUG 2012
This article has been cited by:
- 1Comparison of Risk-Based Hepatitis C Screening and the True Seroprevalence in an Urban Prison System, Journal of Urban Health, 2015, 92, 2, 379, , , , , ,
- 2Enhancing the detection and management of acute hepatitis C virus infection, International Journal of Drug Policy, 2015,, ,
- 3Acute hepatitis C: clinical and laboratory diagnosis, course of the disease, treatment, Infection, 2014, 42, 4, 601, , , , , ,
- 4Epidemiology of Hepatitis C Virus in Pennsylvania State Prisons, 2004–2012: Limitations of 1945–1965 Birth Cohort Screening in Correctional Settings, American Journal of Public Health, 2014, 104, 6, e69, , , , , ,
- 5Enhancing Assessment and Treatment of Hepatitis C in the Custodial Setting, Clinical Infectious Diseases, 2013, 57, suppl 2, S70, , ,
- 6The Role of Public Health in an Era of All-Oral Therapy for Hepatitis C Infection, Current Hepatitis Reports, 2013, 12, 4, 220,