Article first published online: 14 MAR 2013
Copyright © 2012 American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
Volume 58, Issue 1, pages 31–42, July 2013
How to Cite
Meier, A., Mehrle, S., Weiss, T. S., Mier, W. and Urban, S. (2013), Myristoylated PreS1-domain of the hepatitis B virus L-protein mediates specific binding to differentiated hepatocytes. Hepatology, 58: 31–42. doi: 10.1002/hep.26181
Potential conflict of interest: Nothing to report.
This work received grants from the Bundesministerium für Bildung und Forschung (BMBF), “Innovative Therapieverfahren,” grant number 01GU0702, the Landesstiftung Baden Württemberg and financial support from the Vision 7 GmbH.
The data presented in this study is consistent with the recent publication of Yan et al. describing sodium taurocholate cotransporting polypeptide (NTCP/SLC10A1) as a specific receptor for HBV and HDV infection. Yan H, Zhong G, Xu G, He W, Jing Z, Gao Z, et al. Sodium taurocholate cotransporting polypeptide is a functional receptor for human hepatitis B and D virus. elife 2012;1:e00049.
- Issue published online: 24 JUN 2013
- Article first published online: 14 MAR 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 5 DEC 2012 02:51AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 6 NOV 2012
- Manuscript Received: 11 JUL 2012
This article has been cited by:
- 1Cyclosporin A inhibits hepatitis B and hepatitis D virus entry by cyclophilin-independent interference with the NTCP receptor, Journal of Hepatology, 2014, 60, 4, 723, , , , , , , , , ,
- 2Entry of hepatitis B and C viruses — recent progress and future impact, Current Opinion in Virology, 2014, 4, 58, , , , , ,
- 3HBV life cycle is restricted in mouse hepatocytes expressing human NTCP, Cellular and Molecular Immunology, 2014, 11, 2, 175, , , , , , , , , , ,
- 4Hepatitis B and D Viruses Exploit Sodium Taurocholate Co-transporting Polypeptide for Species-Specific Entry into Hepatocytes, Gastroenterology, 2014, 146, 4, 1070, , , , , , , , , , , ,
- 5Liver cell-specific peptides derived from the preS1 domain of human hepatitis B virus, Journal of Virological Methods, 2014, 201, 20, , , , ,
- 6NTCP and Beyond: Opening the Door to Unveil Hepatitis B Virus Entry, International Journal of Molecular Sciences, 2014, 15, 2, 2892, , , ,
- 8Sodium-dependent bile salt transporters of the SLC10A transporter family: more than solute transporters, Pflügers Archiv - European Journal of Physiology, 2014, 466, 1, 77, ,
- 10A bile acid transporter as a candidate receptor for hepatitis B and D virus entry, Journal of Hepatology, 2013, 58, 6, 1246, , ,
- 11Liver Imaging with a Novel Hepatitis B Surface Protein Derived SPECT-Tracer, Molecular Pharmaceutics, 2013, 10, 6, 2230, , , , , ,