Chronic hepatitis C virus (HCV) disease burden and cost in the United States†
Version of Record online: 6 MAY 2013
Copyright © 2013 American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
Volume 57, Issue 6, pages 2164–2170, June 2013
How to Cite
Razavi, H., ElKhoury, A. C., Elbasha, E., Estes, C., Pasini, K., Poynard, T. and Kumar, R. (2013), Chronic hepatitis C virus (HCV) disease burden and cost in the United States. Hepatology, 57: 2164–2170. doi: 10.1002/hep.26218
Potential conflict of interest: Authors 1Received funding for this project from Merck & Co. Inc.; 2Employee of Merck & Co. Inc.; 3Consulted with Merck, Roche, Vertex, and Gilead. Dr. ElKhoury owns stock in Merck.
- Issue online: 12 JUN 2013
- Version of Record online: 6 MAY 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 22 DEC 2012 08:53AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 10 DEC 2012
- Manuscript Received: 3 SEP 2012
- 6Waiting list candidates [Computer file]. Organ Procurement and Transplantation Network (OPTN). U.S. Dept. of Health and Human Services, Public Health Service, Bureau of Health Resources Development, Division of Organ Transplantation; 2011.
- 7Effectiveness and cost-effectiveness of initial combination therapy with interferon/peginterferon plus ribavirin in patients with chronic hepatitis C in Germany: a health technology assessment commissioned by the German Federal Ministry of Health and Social Security. Int J Technol Assess Health Care 2005; 21: 55-65., .
- 17All-cause and incremental per patient per year cost associated with chronic hepatitis C virus and associated liver complications in the United States: a managed care perspective. J Manag Care Pharm 2011; 17: 531-546., , , , , .
- 19Human mortality database, University of California, Berkeley; 2012.
- 22Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Hepatitis surveillance. Hepatitis surveillance/Center for Disease Control 2006 Sept. 1 (Report 61).
- 23Surveillance for acute viral hepatitis-United States, 2005. MMWR Surveill Summ 2007; 56: 1-24., , .
- 24Surveillance for acute viral hepatitis-United States, 2006. MMWR Surveill Summ 2008; 57: 1-24., , .
- 25Surveillance for acute viral hepatitis-United States, 2007. MMWR Surveill Summ 2009; 58: 1-27., , .
- 26Consumer Price Index Bureau of Labor Statistics USDoL. Washington, D.C: United States Department of Labor; 2010 May 11.
- 27Viral hepatitis surveillance, United States 2010 National Center for HIV SaTPDoHASB. Atlanta, GA: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention; 2010.
- 29Disease Burden from Viral Hepatitis A, B, and C in the United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Atlanta, GA: Centers for Disease Control; 2010 Nov 15.
- 30National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey Data, 2009-2010 Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. National Center for Health Statistics. Hyattsville, MD: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention; 2012.
- 32Prevalence, incidence, and residual risk of human immunodeficiency virus and hepatitis C virus infections among United States blood donors since the introduction of nucleic acid testing. Transfusion 2010; 50: 1495-1504., , , , , , et al.
- 42Recommendations for the identification of chronic hepatitis C virus infection among persons born during 1945-1965. MMWR Recomm Rep 2012; 61: 1-32.
- 47SEER survival monograph: cancer survival among adults: U.S. SEER program, 1988-2001, patient and tumor characteristics. [NIH Pub.No.07-6215]. 2007. Bethesda, MD, National Cancer Institute, SEER Program., , , , , .