Supported by the Program for Innovative Research Team (in Science and Technology) in Higher Educational Institutions of Heilongjiang Province (2009td06), Heilongjiang Province Science Fund for Outstanding Youths (JC200616), Foundation of Harbin Science and Technology Bureau for Creative Young Talents (2010RFQXS069), and Foundation of Health Department of Heilongjiang Province (Grant No. 2009-043). The funders had no role in study design, data collection and analysis, decision to publish, or preparation of the article.
Article first published online: 14 MAR 2013
Copyright © 2013 American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
Volume 57, Issue 5, pages 1847–1857, May 2013
How to Cite
Liang, Y., Zheng, T., Song, R., Wang, J., Yin, D., Wang, L., Liu, H., Tian, L., Fang, X., Meng, X., Jiang, H., Liu, J. and Liu, L. (2013), Hypoxia-mediated sorafenib resistance can be overcome by EF24 through Von Hippel-Lindau tumor suppressor-dependent HIF-1α inhibition in hepatocellular carcinoma. Hepatology, 57: 1847–1857. doi: 10.1002/hep.26224
Potential conflict of interest: Nothing to report.
These authors contributed equally to this work.
- Issue published online: 22 APR 2013
- Article first published online: 14 MAR 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 8 JAN 2013 05:28PM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 26 NOV 2012
- Manuscript Received: 23 AUG 2012
This article has been cited by:
- 1MicroRNA-33b, upregulated by EF24, a curcumin analog, suppresses the epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition (EMT) and migratory potential of melanoma cells by targeting HMGA2, Toxicology Letters, 2015, 234, 3, 151, , , , , , , , , , , ,
- 2Second line systemic therapy options for advanced hepatocellular carcinoma; a systematic review, Expert Review of Anticancer Therapy, 2015, 15, 2, 165, ,
- 3MicroRNAs in hypoxia and acidic tumor microenvironment, Chinese Science Bulletin, 2014, 59, 19, 2223, , , ,
- 4Prospective neoadjuvant analysis of PET imaging and mechanisms of resistance to Trastuzumab shows role of HIF1 and autophagy, British Journal of Cancer, 2014, 110, 9, 2209, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
- 5T7 peptide inhibits angiogenesis via downregulation of angiopoietin-2 and autophagy, Oncology Reports, 2014,, , , , , , , , , ,
- 6The Role of Hypoxia Inducible Factor-1 in Hepatocellular Carcinoma, BioMed Research International, 2014, 2014, 1, , , , ,
- 7YC-1 enhances the anti-tumor activity of sorafenib through inhibition of signal transducer and activator of transcription 3 (STAT3) in hepatocellular carcinoma, Molecular Cancer, 2014, 13, 1, 7, , , , , , , , , , , ,
- 8Advanced unresectable hepatocellular carcinoma, Current Opinion in Oncology, 2013, 25, 4, 409, , ,
- 9LBH589 Inhibits proliferation and metastasis of hepatocellular carcinoma via inhibition of gankyrin/stat3/akt pathway, Molecular Cancer, 2013, 12, 1, 114, , , , , , , , , , ,