These authors contributed equally to this work.
Improvement of neurocognitive function in responders to an antiviral therapy for chronic hepatitis C
Article first published online: 24 JUN 2013
Copyright © 2013 American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
Volume 58, Issue 2, pages 497–504, August 2013
How to Cite
Kraus, M. R., Schäfer, A., Teuber, G., Porst, H., Sprinzl, K., Wollschläger, S., Keicher, C. and Scheurlen, M. (2013), Improvement of neurocognitive function in responders to an antiviral therapy for chronic hepatitis C. Hepatology, 58: 497–504. doi: 10.1002/hep.26229
Supported in part by MSD Pharma (Munich, Germany), a subsidiary of the Merck Group (USA). The sponsor was not involved in any way in the design, interpretation, analysis, or writing of the study.
Potential conflict of interest: Michael R. Kraus is a consultant for and advises the Merck Group (USA) and MSD (Munich, Germany) and Roche (Grenzach-Wyhlen, Germany). He has received grants from Merck. Arne Schäfer has no competing interests to declare. Gerlinde Teuber is a consultant for, advises, and has received grants from MSD/Essex Pharma (Munich, Germany), Roche (Grenzach-Wyhlen, Germany), and Gilead. Michael Scheurlen advises, is on the speakers' bureau of, and received grants from Merck. Heiner Porst, Kathrin Sprinzl, Sven Wollschläger, and Christian Keicher have no competing interests to declare.
See Editorial on Page 480
- Issue published online: 29 JUL 2013
- Article first published online: 24 JUN 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 8 JAN 2013 05:23PM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 1 NOV 2012
- Manuscript Received: 1 MAR 2012
- 2World Health Organization Initiative for Vaccine Research. Hepatitis C. (Accessed July 16, 2009, at http://www.who.int/vaccine_research/diseases/viral_cancers/en/index2.html).
- 6Organ Procurement and Transplantation Network. US liver transplants performed: January 1, 1988 to April 30, 2008. (Accessed July 16, 2009, at http://www.optn.org).
- 17PEG-Intron product label, Schering-Plough 2005. Available at: http://www.spifiles.com/pipeg-intron.pdf.
- 18Pegasys product label, Roche 2005. Available at: http://www.rocheusa.com/products/pegasys.
- 19Testbatterie zur Aufmerksamkeitsprüfung (TAP) — Test for Attentional Performance. Version 1.02c.Herzogenrath:Psytest,1994., .
- 20A test battery for attentional performance. In: Leclercq M, Zimmermann P, eds.Applied Neuropsychology of Attention.London:Psychology Press,2002., .
- 21SPSS. SPSS for Windows Release 15.0.1.Chicago:SPSS Inc.;2006.