See Editorial on Page 1213
Health care costs associated with hepatocellular carcinoma: A population-based study
Article first published online: 15 MAR 2013
Copyright © 2013 American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
Volume 58, Issue 4, pages 1375–1384, October 2013
How to Cite
Thein, H.-H., Isaranuwatchai, W., Campitelli, M. A., Feld, J. J., Yoshida, E., Sherman, M., Hoch, J. S., Peacock, S., Krahn, M. D. and Earle, C. C. (2013), Health care costs associated with hepatocellular carcinoma: A population-based study. Hepatology, 58: 1375–1384. doi: 10.1002/hep.26231
Potential conflict of interest: Nothing to report.
Supported through provision of data by the Institute for Clinical Evaluative Sciences (ICES) and Cancer Care Ontario (CCO) and through funding support to the ICES from an annual grant by the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care and the Ontario Institute for Cancer Research (OICR). The opinions, results, and conclusions reported in this paper are those of the authors. No endorsement by ICES, CCO, OICR or the Government of Ontario is intended or should be inferred. Hla-Hla Thein is supported by the Ontario Institute for Cancer Research Health Services Research Program New Investigator Award at the Dalla Lana School of Public Health, University of Toronto. Murray Krahn is supported by the F. Norman Hughes Chair in Pharmacoeconomics at the Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Toronto, and in part by the Toronto Health Economics and Technology Assessment Collaborative through the Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care.
This work was presented in part at the Canadian Cancer Research Conference, November 2011, Toronto, Canada (poster presentation); the Canadian Symposium on Hepatitis C Virus, February 2012, Montreal, Canada (oral presentation); the Ontario Institute for Cancer Research and Cancer Care Ontario, Health Services Research Program 4th Annual Meeting, May 2012, Toronto, Canada (poster presentation); and the 2012 Canadian Association for Health Services and Policy Research conference, Montreal, Canada (oral presentation). It was also accepted for a poster presentation at the American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases in November 2012.
- Issue published online: 1 OCT 2013
- Article first published online: 15 MAR 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 8 JAN 2013 05:29PM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 2 DEC 2012
- Manuscript Received: 23 AUG 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.