firstname.lastname@example.org; fax: 919-843-6386
Article first published online: 8 APR 2013
Copyright © 2013 American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
Volume 57, Issue 4, pages 1325–1332, April 2013
How to Cite
McGowan, C. E., Monis, A., Bacon, B. R., Mallolas, J., Goncales, F. L., Goulis, I., Poordad, F., Afdhal, N., Zeuzem, S., Piratvisuth, T., Marcellin, P. and Fried, M. W. (2013), A global view of hepatitis C: Physician knowledge, opinions, and perceived barriers to care. Hepatology, 57: 1325–1332. doi: 10.1002/hep.26246
Potential conflict of interest: M.W.F. receives research grants from Merck, Genentech, Vertex, Tibotec/Janssen, Gilead, Bristol Myers Squibb, and Abbott and serves as ad-hoc advisor to Merck, Genentech, Vertex, Tibotec/Janssen, Gilead, Bristol Myers Squibb, and Novartis.
Dr. Afdhal provided research support for, consults for, and advises Merck, GlaxoSmithKline, Vertex, and Gilead. He also provided research support for Abbott and Bristol-Myers Squibb. He consults for and advises Echosens, Novartis, Boehringer Ingerlheim, Ligand, and Springbank. He consults for, advises, and owns stock in Medgenics and Kadmon.
Dr. Bacon consults for, provides research support for, and is on the speakers' bureau for Merck. He provided research support for Roche and Abbott. He provided research support for, is on the speakers' bureau for, and advises Gilead, Kadmon Pharmaceuticals, Vertex, and ISIS.
Dr. Piratvisuth advises, is on the speakers' bureau for, and received grants from Roche and Novartis. He advises and is on the speakers' bureau for MSD. He is also on the speakers' bureau of GlaxoSmithKline. He is on the speakers' bureau for and received grants from Bristol-Myers Squibb.
Dr. Mallolas advises and is on the speakers' bureau for Merck and Janssen.
Dr. Poordad advises, is on the speakers bureau for, and received grants from Merck, Vertex, Gilead, and Abbott. He advises and received grants from Janssen. He advises Novartis. He received grants from Achillion and Pharmasset.
Dr. Marcellin advises, is on the speakers' bureau for, and received grants from Roche, Gilead, Janssen, and MSD. He advises and is on the speakers' bureau for Bristol-Myers Squibb, Novartis, Vertex, Boehringer Ingerlheim, Abbott, and Pfizer.
Dr. Zeuzem consults for, advises and is on the speakers' bureau for Merck.
This work was funded by Merck and, in part, by the National Institutes of Health (T32 DK07634, K24 DK066144 [to M.W.F.], and UL1RR025747).
- Issue published online: 8 APR 2013
- Article first published online: 8 APR 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 12 JAN 2013 07:12AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 5 NOV 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 28 OCT 2012
- Manuscript Received: 25 AUG 2012
- National Institutes of Health. Grant Numbers: T32 DK07634, K24 DK066144, UL1RR025747
- 1http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs164/en/. Accessed on August 1, 2012..
- 21A balancing view: we cannot do it alone. Am J Gastroenterol 2007; 102: 1841-1843..Direct Link:
- 23Viral hepatitis: agenda item 11.12. In: Sixty-Third World Health Assembly. Available at: http://www.who.int/mediacenter/news/releases/2010. Accessed on August 1, 2012.
- 24UGAM Solutions. http://www.ugamsolutions.com. Accessed on August 1, 2012.