These authors contributed equally to this study
The ART of decision making: Retreatment with transarterial chemoembolization in patients with hepatocellular carcinoma†
Article first published online: 3 MAY 2013
Copyright © 2013 American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
Volume 57, Issue 6, pages 2261–2273, June 2013
How to Cite
Sieghart, W., Hucke, F., Pinter, M., Graziadei, I., Vogel, W., Müller, C., Heinzl, H., Trauner, M. and Peck-Radosavljevic, M. (2013), The ART of decision making: Retreatment with transarterial chemoembolization in patients with hepatocellular carcinoma. Hepatology, 57: 2261–2273. doi: 10.1002/hep.26256
Potential conflict of interest: W. Sieghart received speaker and consulting fees and research grants from Bayer Schering Pharma; H. Heinzl received a research grant from Roche; M. Trauner received speaker fees and travel grants from Roche; M. Peck-Radosavljevic received speakers and consulting fees and research grants from Bayer Schering Pharma, Lilly Pharma, and Boehringer Ingelheim.
- Issue published online: 12 JUN 2013
- Article first published online: 3 MAY 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 12 JAN 2013 07:09AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 18 DEC 2012
- Manuscript Received: 27 AUG 2012
- 4European Association for the Study of the Liver, European Organisation for Research and Treatment of Cancer. EASL-EORTC clinical practice guidelines: management of hepatocellular carcinoma. J Hepatol 2012; 56: 908-943.
- 13Sobin L, Wittekind C (eds.). UICC (2002) TNM classification of malignant tumours. 6th ed. New York: Wiley-Liss; 2002.
- 23Efficacy and safety of sorafenib in patients with hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC): subanalysis of SHARP trial based on Barcelona clinic liver cancer (BCLC) stage. J Hepatol 2009; 50( Suppl 1): 28-29., , , , , , et al.
- 24Sorafenib or placebo in combination with transarterial chemoembolization (TACE) with doxorubicin-eluting beads (DEBDOX) for intermediate-stage hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC): Phase II, randomized, double-blind SPACE trial. J Clin Oncol 2012; 30( Suppl 4, abstr LBA 154)., , , , , , et al.
- 25EASL and mRECIST responses are independent prognostic factors for survival in hepatocellular cancer patients treated with transarterial embolization. J Hepatol 2011; 55: 1309-1316., , , , , , et al.