Potential conflict of interest: Paul Pockros–research support from Genentech/Roche, Vertex, Gilead, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Novartis, Abbott, Intercept, Boehringer Ingelheim, Janssen, Merck and Roche Molecular Diagnostics; consulting and advisory boards for Genentech/Roche, Vertex, Gilead, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Merck, Kadmon, Janssen and Roche Molecular Diagnostics; speaking honoraria from Genentech/Roche, Vertex and Merck. Donald Jensen–Consulting: Abbott, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Boehringer Ingelheim, Genentech/Roche, Tibotec/J&J, Astex, Biotica, Vertex, Gilead/Pharmasset, Inhibitex, Merck; Grants/contracts: research: Abbott, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Boehringer Ingelheim, Genentech/Roche, Tibotec/J&J; Other interests: Consensus Medical Communications, Clinical Care Options. Naoky Tsai–Grants: Roche, Beckman; Consulting and advisory arrangements: Roche. Speakers' bureau: Roche. Ryan Taylor–Grants: Roche; Speakers' bureau: Roche. Alnoor Ramji - Grants, consulting, advisory arrangements, and speakers' bureau: Gilead, Merck, Hoffmann, Vertex, and Janssen. Curtis Cooper–Grants: Roche, Merck, Vertex; Advisory arrangements: Roche, Merck; Speakers' bureau: Vertex. John M. Vierling–Advisory arrangements: Abbott, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Excalenz, Gilead, Globeimmune, HepQuant, Hyperion, Immuron, Janssen, Novartis, Roche, Schering (now Merck), Salix, Sundise, Vertex, HepaLife Technologies, Herbalife, Ocera; Speakers' bureau: Chronic Liver Diseases Foundation; Grants/contracts: research: Abbott, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Conatus, Excalenz, Gilead, Globeimmune, Hyperion, Idenix-Novartis, Ikaria, Intercept, Merck (formerly Schering), Mochida, Novartis, Ocera, Pfizer, Pharmasset, Roche, Sundise, Vertex, Zymogenetics. Marie Lou Munson–employee of Genentech. Ya-Chi Chen–employee of Roche. Isabel Najera–Stock ownership or equity: Roche; employee of Roche; Grants: Abbott, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Excalenz, Gilead, GlobeImmune, Hyperion, Roche, Merck, Sundise, Ocera, Vertex, Conatus, Idenix-Novartis, Ikaria, Intercept, Mochida, Novartis, Pfizer, Pharmasset, and Zymogenetics; Consulting and advisory arrangments: Abbott, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Excalenz, Gilead, GlobeImmune, Hyperion, Roche, Merck, Sundise, Ocera, Vertex, Salix, HepaLife Technologies, Herbalife, and Ocera. James Thommes–Medical Director at Genentech.
JUMP-C: A randomized trial of mericitabine plus pegylated interferon alpha-2a/ribavirin for 24 weeks in treatment-naïve HCV genotype 1/4 patients
Article first published online: 24 JUN 2013
Copyright © 2013 American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
Volume 58, Issue 2, pages 514–523, August 2013
How to Cite
Pockros, P. J., Jensen, D., Tsai, N., Taylor, R., Ramji, A., Cooper, C., Dickson, R., Tice, A., Kulkarni, R., Vierling, J. M., Lou Munson, M., Chen, Y.-C., Najera, I., Thommes, J. and on behalf of the JUMP-C Investigators (2013), JUMP-C: A randomized trial of mericitabine plus pegylated interferon alpha-2a/ribavirin for 24 weeks in treatment-naïve HCV genotype 1/4 patients. Hepatology, 58: 514–523. doi: 10.1002/hep.26275
This research was funded by F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd. Support for third-party writing assistance for this manuscript was provided by F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
Additional JUMP-C Investigators are listed in the Appendix.
See Editorial on Page 488
- Issue published online: 29 JUL 2013
- Article first published online: 24 JUN 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 28 JAN 2013 12:56PM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 2 JAN 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 24 DEC 2012
- Manuscript Received: 28 SEP 2012
- 7Incivek prescribing information. May2011. Vertex Pharmaceuticals, Inc.,Cambridge, MA. 2011.
- 8Victrelis prescribing information. May2011. Schering Corporation, a subsidiary of Merck and Co. Whitehouse Station, NJ.2011.
- 9Safety of telaprevir or boceprevir in combination with peginterferon alfa/ribavirin, in cirrhotic non responders. First results of the French early access program (ANRS CO20-CUPIC). Oral presentation. International Liver Congress. 47th Annual Meeting of the European Association for the Study of the Liver, April 18-22, 2012, Barcelona, Spain.2012., , , , , , et al.
- 16Nucleoside analog R7128, a prodrug of PSI-6130, shows inhibition potency across HCV genotypes 1-6 in vitro. Poster P-215 presented at the 16th International Symposium on Hepatitis C Virus and Related Viruses, October 3-7,2009, Nice, France., , , , , , et al.
- 20Antiviral activity, pharmacokinetics, safety, and tolerability of R7128, a novel nucleoside HCV RNA polymerase inhibitor, following multiple, ascending, oral doses in patients with HCV genotype 1 infection who have failed prior interferon therapy [abstract LB9]. Hepatology 2007;46( Suppl 4):862A., , , , , , et al.
- 21Antiviral activity of the HCV nucleoside polymerase inhibitor R7128 in HCV genotype 2 and 3 prior non-responders: interim results of R7128 1500 mg BID with PEG-IFN and ribavirin for 28 days [abstract LB10]. Hepatology 2008;48( Suppl 4):1024A., , , , , , et al.
- 22Potent antiviral response to the HCV nucleoside polymerase inhibitor R7128 for 28 days with PEG-IFN and ribavirin: subanalysis by race/ethnicity, weight, and HCV genotype [abstract 1899]. Hepatology 2008;48( Suppl 4):1160A., , , , , , et al.
- 24High rates of early viral response, promising safety profile and lack of resistance-related breakthrough in HCV GT 1/4 patients treated with RG7128 plus PegIFN alfa-2a (40KD)/RBV: planned week 12 interim analysis from the PROPEL study. Oral presentation. The Liver Meeting 2010 [61st Annual Meeting of the American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases (AASLD)], October 29-November 2,2010, Boston, MA., , , , , , et al.
- 26No evidence of drug resistance or baseline S282T resistance mutation among GT1 and GT4 HCV infected patients on nucleoside polymerase inhibitor RG7128 and PEG-IFN/RBV combination treatment for up to 12 weeks: interim analysis from the PROPEL study [abstract 799]. Hepatology 2010;52( Suppl 1):701A-702A., , , , , , et al.
- 28Interferon-free treatment with a combination of mericitabine and danoprevir/R with or without ribavirin in treatment-naive HCV genotype 1-infected patients [abstract 1412]. J Hepatol 2012;56( Suppl 2):S555-S556., , , , , , et al.
- 29Up to 100% SVR4 rates with ritonavir-boosted danoprevir (DNVr), mericitabine (MCB) and ribavirin (R) + peginterferon alfa-2a (40KD) (P) in HCV genotype 1-infected partial and null responders: results from the MATTERHORN study [abstract 81]. Hepatology 2012;56( (Suppl 1):231A., , , , , , et al.