Potential conflict of interest: Dr. L'Italien owns stock and is an employee of Bristol-Myers Squibb. Dr. McEwan owns stock in Health Economics & Outcomes Research. Dr. Yuan is an employee of Bristol-Myers Squibb.
Version of Record online: 27 MAY 2013
Copyright © 2013 American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
Volume 58, Issue 1, pages 54–64, July 2013
How to Cite
McEwan, P., Ward, T., Yuan, Y., Kim, R. and L'Italien, G. (2013), The impact of timing and prioritization on the cost-effectiveness of birth cohort testing and treatment for hepatitis C virus in the United States. Hepatology, 58: 54–64. doi: 10.1002/hep.26304
This study was funded by an unrestricted grant from Bristol-Myers Squibb.
- Issue online: 24 JUN 2013
- Version of Record online: 27 MAY 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 6 FEB 2013 07:08PM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 17 JAN 2013
- Manuscript Received: 23 OCT 2012
- 7HCV screening practices and prevalence in an MCO, 2000-2007. Am J Manag Care 2011; 17: 548-555., , , .
- 11Management of acute hepatitis C. Clin Liver Dis 2010; 14: 169-176., .
- 15Recommendations for prevention and control of hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection and HCV-related chronic disease. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. MMWR Recomm Rep 1998; 47: 1-39.
- 21Assessing the cost utility of response guided therapy in patients with chronic hepatitis C genotype 1 in the UK using the MONARCH model. Appl Health Econ Health Policy 2013; 11: 53-63., , .
- 31Interferon therapy reduces the risk for hepatocellular carcinoma: national surveillance program of cirrhotic and noncirrhotic patients with chronic hepatitis C in Japan. IHIT Study Group. Inhibition of Hepatocarcinogenesis by Interferon Therapy. Ann Intern Med 1999; 131: 174-181., , , , , .
- 34MAG Mutual Healthcare Solutions. 2010 Physicians' Fee & Coding Guide. 21st ed. Atlanta, GA: MAG Mutual Healthcare Solutions; 2009.
- 36All cause and incremental per patient per year cost associated with chronic hepatitis C virus and associated liver complications in the United States: a managed care perspective. J Manag Care Pharm 2011; 17: 531-546., , , , , .
- 37CMS.gov: Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services. 2010 Clinical Diagnostic Laboratory Fee, April 2010 Release Fee Schedule, using the Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System (HCPCS). https://www.cms.gov/ClinicalLabFeeSched/02_clinlab.asp.
- 38Genentech: A Member of the Roche Group. Pegasys Prescribing Information. http://www.gene.com/gene/products/information/pegasys. Accessed June 10, 2010.
- 39Incivek (telaprevir): package pricing is based on May 2011 WAC for NDC 51167-0100-01, published in May 2011 by REDBOOK (51167-0100-01). Montvale, NJ: Thomson Reuters.
- 41Health-state utilities and quality of life in hepatitis C patients. Am J Gastroenterol 2003; 98: 630-638., , , , , , et al.Direct Link: