See Editorial on Page 844
Liver Failure/Cirrhosis/Portal Hypertension
The Stroop smartphone application is a short and valid method to screen for minimal hepatic encephalopathy
Article first published online: 23 MAY 2013
Copyright © 2013 American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
Volume 58, Issue 3, pages 1122–1132, September 2013
How to Cite
Bajaj, J. S., Thacker, L. R., Heuman, D. M., Fuchs, M., Sterling, R. K., Sanyal, A. J., Puri, P., Siddiqui, M. S., Stravitz, R. T., Bouneva, I., Luketic, V., Noble, N., White, M. B., Monteith, P., Unser, A. and Wade, J. B. (2013), The Stroop smartphone application is a short and valid method to screen for minimal hepatic encephalopathy. Hepatology, 58: 1122–1132. doi: 10.1002/hep.26309
Potential conflict of interest: Nothing to report.
This work was partly supported by grants U01AT004428 from the National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine, grant RO1AA020203 from the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism, grant RO1DK087913 from the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, and the McGuire Research Institute.
Portions of this article were presented as an oral presentation at the 63rd Annual Meeting of the American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases, November 9-13, 2012, Boston, MA.
- Issue published online: 29 AUG 2013
- Article first published online: 23 MAY 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 6 FEB 2013 12:00AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 31 JAN 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 8 JAN 2013
- Manuscript Received: 19 NOV 2012
This article has been cited by:
- 1Can Computerized Brain Training Games be Used to Identify Early Cognitive Impairment in Cirrhosis?, The American Journal of Gastroenterology, 2014, 109, 3, 316, , , ,
- 2Hepatic encephalopathy, Current Opinion in Gastroenterology, 2014, 30, 3, 265, ,
- 3Useful Tests for Hepatic Encephalopathy in Clinical Practice, Current Gastroenterology Reports, 2014, 16, 1, ,
- 4Diagnosis of Covert Hepatic Encephalopathy Without Specialized Tests, Clinical Gastroenterology and Hepatology, 2013,, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
- 5Differential impact of hyponatremia and hepatic encephalopathy on health-related quality of life and brain metabolite abnormalities in cirrhosis, Journal of Hepatology, 2013, 59, 3, 467, , , , , , , , , , , , , ,