Potential conflict of interest: Dr. Shawcross advises Norgine.
Rifaximin is an efficacious treatment for the parkinsonian phenotype of hepatic encephalopathy
Article first published online: 22 AUG 2013
Copyright © 2013 by the American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
Volume 58, Issue 4, pages 1516–1517, October 2013
How to Cite
Kok, B., Foxton, M. R., Clough, C. and Shawcross, D. L. (2013), Rifaximin is an efficacious treatment for the parkinsonian phenotype of hepatic encephalopathy. Hepatology, 58: 1516–1517. doi: 10.1002/hep.26364
The patients described in this case series were enrolled in a study approved by the North East London Research Ethics committee (Ref Number 08/H0702/74). It was performed in accordance with the declaration of Helsinki and fully informed written consent was obtained from each patient.
- Issue published online: 1 OCT 2013
- Article first published online: 22 AUG 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 7 MAR 2013 12:04PM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 25 DEC 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 21 DEC 2012
- Manuscript Received: 19 DEC 2012