Potential conflict of interest: Dr. Zoulim consults for and received grants from Gilead, Bristol-Myers Squibb, and Roche. Dr. Lascoux-Combe consults for and received grants from Janssen. She also consults for Gilead and received grants from Roche.
High incidence of treatment-induced and vaccine-escape hepatitis B virus mutants among human immunodeficiency virus/hepatitis B–infected patients
Article first published online: 25 JUN 2013
Copyright © 2013 by the American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
Volume 58, Issue 3, pages 912–922, September 2013
How to Cite
Lacombe, K., Boyd, A., Lavocat, F., Pichoud, C., Gozlan, J., Miailhes, P., Lascoux-Combe, C., Vernet, G., Girard, P.-M. and Zoulim, F. (2013), High incidence of treatment-induced and vaccine-escape hepatitis B virus mutants among human immunodeficiency virus/hepatitis B–infected patients. Hepatology, 58: 912–922. doi: 10.1002/hep.26374
This study was supported by grants from the Agence Nationale de Recherche sur le Sida et les Hépatites (ANRS), SIDACTION, and the European Community (HepBvar project contract QLRT2001-00977 and VIRGIL network contract LSHMCT- 2004-503359). Gilead Sciences, Inc., provided an unrestricted grant for the French HIV-HBV cohort and was not involved in any part of the data collection, analysis, or manuscript writing. A. B. was awarded a postdoctoral fellowship from the ANRS.
- Issue published online: 29 AUG 2013
- Article first published online: 25 JUN 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 6 MAR 2013 05:22PM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 28 FEB 2013
- Manuscript Received: 18 OCT 2012
- 1Increasing burden of liver disease in patients with HIV infection. Lancet 2011;377:1198-1209., , , , .
- 23The rtA194T polymerase mutation impacts viral replication and susceptibility to tenofovir in hepatitis B e antigen-positive and hepatitis B e antigen-negative hepatitis B virus strains. Hepatology 2009;49:1158-1165., , , , , .