All authors contributed equally to this review.
Yttrium 90 radioembolization for the treatment of hepatocellular carcinoma: Biological lessons, current challenges, and clinical perspectives
Article first published online: 4 OCT 2013
Copyright © 2013 by the American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
Volume 58, Issue 6, pages 2188–2197, December 2013
How to Cite
Salem, R., Mazzaferro, V. and Sangro, B. (2013), Yttrium 90 radioembolization for the treatment of hepatocellular carcinoma: Biological lessons, current challenges, and clinical perspectives. Hepatology, 58: 2188–2197. doi: 10.1002/hep.26382
R.S. is funded in part by the National Institutes of Health (grant no.: CA126809). V.M. is funded by the Italian Association for Cancer Research.
Potential conflict of interest: Dr. Sangro consults and is on the speakers' bureau for Sirtex Medical. Dr. Mazzaferro is on the speakers' bureau for and received grants from Bayer and Nordion. Dr. Salem consults, advises, and is on the speakers' bureau for Nordion. He consults for and advises Bayer and Sirtex Medical.
- Issue published online: 26 NOV 2013
- Article first published online: 4 OCT 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 19 MAR 2013 08:19AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 6 MAR 2013
- Manuscript Received: 3 DEC 2012
This article has been cited by:
- 1Comparative Study of Staging Systems for Hepatocellular Carcinoma in 428 Patients Treated with Radioembolization, Journal of Vascular and Interventional Radiology, 2014, 25, 7, 1056, , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
- 2Hepatocellular Carcinoma, Surgical Oncology Clinics of North America, 2014, 23, 2, 289, , , ,
- 3Hepatocellular carcinoma: clinical frontiers and perspectives, Gut, 2014, 63, 5, 844, , ,
- 4Locally ablative therapies for primary and metastatic liver cancer, Expert Review of Anticancer Therapy, 2014, 14, 8, 931, , ,
- 5Nonsurgical Treatment for Localized Hepatocellular Carcinoma, Current Oncology Reports, 2014, 16, 3, ,
- 6Prospective randomized pilot study of Y90+/−sorafenib as bridge to transplantation in hepatocellular carcinoma, Journal of Hepatology, 2014, 61, 2, 309, , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
- 7The emerging questionable benefit of sorafenib as a neo-adjuvant in HCC patients treated with Y-90 radioembolization pending liver transplantation, Journal of Hepatology, 2014, 61, 2, 190,
- 9Increased Quality of Life Among Hepatocellular Carcinoma Patients Treated With Radioembolization, Compared With Chemoembolization, Clinical Gastroenterology and Hepatology, 2013, 11, 10, 1358, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
- 10Yttrium-90 Radioembolization as a Bridge to Liver Transplantation: A Single-Institution Experience, Journal of Vascular and Interventional Radiology, 2013, 24, 11, 1632, , , , , , , , ,