Potential conflicts of interest: C.R., S.C., and J.M.P. have received research grants from Gilead Sciences. S.C. and J.M.P. have served as advisors for Gilead Sciences.
Characterization of the dynamics of hepatitis B virus resistance to adefovir by ultra-deep pyrosequencing
Version of Record online: 30 JUL 2013
Copyright © 2013 by the American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
Volume 58, Issue 3, pages 890–901, September 2013
How to Cite
Rodriguez, C., Chevaliez, S., Bensadoun, P. and Pawlotsky, J.-M. (2013), Characterization of the dynamics of hepatitis B virus resistance to adefovir by ultra-deep pyrosequencing. Hepatology, 58: 890–901. doi: 10.1002/hep.26383
This work was funded by the French National Agency for Research on AIDS and Viral Hepatitis (ANRS). The authors are particularly grateful to Prof. Jean-François Delfraissy, the Director of ANRS, for his continuous support to our UDPS projects. Christophe Rodriguez is the recipient of a doctoral fellowship from ANRS. The hosting laboratory is funded by the Fondation pour la Recherche Médicale (FRM) as an “FRM Team.“ The authors thank Katyna Borroto-Esoda and Gilead Sciences for providing the samples from patients treated with adefovir used in this study and Prof. Manh-Tong Dao for providing the samples from unselected patients newly observed in the Department of Hepatology of the University Hospital of Caen, France.
- Issue online: 29 AUG 2013
- Version of Record online: 30 JUL 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 15 MAR 2013 07:49AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 5 MAR 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 9 FEB 2013
- Manuscript Received: 22 NOV 2012
- 17Use of massively parallel ultradeep pyrosequencing to characterize the genetic diversity of hepatitis B virus in drug-resistant and drug-naive patients and to detect minor variants in reverse transcriptase and hepatitis B S antigen. J Virol 2009;83:1718-1726., , , , , .
- 29HIV-1 coreceptor usage prediction by ultra-deep pyrosequencing increases the rate of patients treated with success by CCR5 antagonists. Antiviral Ther 2011;16(Suppl 1):A100., , , , , , et al.
- 30Molecular characterization of HCV resistance to telaprevir by means of ultra-deep pyrosequencing: preexisting resistant variants and dynamics of resistant populations. J Hepatol 2011;54(Suppl 1):S30., , , , , .