Potential conflict of interest: Milan J. Sonneveld consults and is on the speakers' bureau for Roche. Bettina Hansen has nothing to disclose. Henry L.Y. Chan advises, is on the speakers' bureau for, and received grants from Roche. He advises and is on the speakers' bureau for Abbott, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Gilead, Novartis, and MSD. Teerha Piratvisuth advises, received grants from, and is on the speakers' bureau for Roche and Novartis. He advises and is on the speakers' bureau for MSD. He is on the speakers' bureau and received grants from Bristol-Myers Squibb. He is also on the speakers' bureau for GlaxoSmithKline. Ji-Dong Jia consults and is on the speakers' bureau for MBS, Novartis, and Roche. Stefan Zeuzem consults, advises, and is on the speakers' bureau for Roche and Merck. Edward Gane advises and is on the speakers' bureau for Roche and Gilead. He advises Janssen and is on the speakers' bureau for Abbott. Y.F. Liaw was involved in clinical trials or served as a global advisory board member of Roche, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Novartis and Gilead Sciences. Harry L.A. Janssen received grants from and is a consultant for Bristol-Myers Squibb, Gilead Sciences, Novartis, Roche, Merck and Innogenetics. E.J. Heathcote is a consultant of Gilead Sciences and received research support from Gilead Sciences, Hoffman-La Roche, Merck, Tibotec, and Vertex.
Response-guided peginterferon therapy in hepatitis B e antigen-positive chronic hepatitis B using serum hepatitis B surface antigen levels
Article first published online: 29 JUL 2013
© 2013 by the American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
Volume 58, Issue 3, pages 872–880, September 2013
How to Cite
Sonneveld, M. J., Hansen, B. E., Piratvisuth, T., Jia, J.-D., Zeuzem, S., Gane, E., Liaw, Y.-F., Xie, Q., Heathcote, E. J., Chan, H. L.-Y. and Janssen, H. L.A. (2013), Response-guided peginterferon therapy in hepatitis B e antigen-positive chronic hepatitis B using serum hepatitis B surface antigen levels. Hepatology, 58: 872–880. doi: 10.1002/hep.26436
Supported by the Foundation for Liver and Gastrointestinal Research (SLO) in Rotterdam, the Netherlands. The funding source did not have influence on study design, data collection, analysis, or interpretation of the data, writing of the report nor the decision to submit for publication.
- Issue published online: 29 AUG 2013
- Article first published online: 29 JUL 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 2 APR 2013 04:32AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 28 MAR 2013
- Manuscript Received: 29 OCT 2012
- 12Hepatitis B surface antigen quantification: why and how to use it in 2011 — a core group report. J Hepatol 2011;55:1121-1131., , , , , , et al.
- 19Hepatitis B surface antigen: association with sustained response to peginterferon alfa-2a in hepatitis B e antigen-positive patients. Hepatol Int 2011 [Epub ahead of print]., , , , , .
- 20Pros and cons of peginterferon versus nucleos(t)ide analogues for treatment of chronic hepatitis B. Curr Hepat Rep 2010;9:91-98., .
- 21Modelling of early viral kinetics and pegylated interferon-alpha2b pharmacokinetics in patients with HBeag-positive chronic hepatitis B. Antivir Ther 2007;12:1285-1294., , , , , , et al.
- 26European Association for the Study of the Liver. EASL Clinical Practice Guidelines: Management of chronic hepatitis B virus infection. J Hepatol 2012;57:167-185.