Potential conflict of interest: Dr. Asahina is on the speakers' bureau of Chugai Pharma and MSD, and received research funding from Daiichi-Sankyo and Chugai Pharma. Dr. Asahina and Dr. Kakinuma belong to a donation-funded department funded by Chugai Pharma, Toray, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Dainippon-Sumitomo Pharma, and MSD.
α-fetoprotein levels after interferon therapy and risk of hepatocarcinogenesis in chronic hepatitis C
Version of Record online: 19 AUG 2013
Copyright © 2013 by the American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
Volume 58, Issue 4, pages 1253–1262, October 2013
How to Cite
Asahina, Y., Tsuchiya, K., Nishimura, T., Muraoka, M., Suzuki, Y., Tamaki, N., Yasui, Y., Hosokawa, T., Ueda, K., Nakanishi, H., Itakura, J., Takahashi, Y., Kurosaki, M., Enomoto, N., Nakagawa, M., Kakinuma, S., Watanabe, M. and Izumi, N. (2013), α-fetoprotein levels after interferon therapy and risk of hepatocarcinogenesis in chronic hepatitis C. Hepatology, 58: 1253–1262. doi: 10.1002/hep.26442
Supported by grants from the Japanese Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science, and Technology, and the Japanese Ministry of Welfare, Health, and Labor.
- Issue online: 1 OCT 2013
- Version of Record online: 19 AUG 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 8 APR 2013 04:51AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 4 APR 2013
- Manuscript Received: 19 FEB 2013
- 7Effect of IFN therapy on hepatocellular carcinogenesis in patients with chronic hepatitis type C: a long-term observation study of 1,643 patients using statistical bias correction with proportional hazard analysis. Hepatology 1999;29:1124-1130., , , , , , et al.
- 17Screening for hepatocellular carcinoma in patients with hepatitis C cirrhosis: a cost utility analysis. Am J Gastroenterol 2003;98:679-690., , , .Direct Link:
- 32Hepatocyte proliferation and risk of hepatocellular carcinoma in cirrhotic patients. Am J Gastroenterol 2001;96:1575-1580., , , , , , et al.Direct Link:
- 38Clinical significance of elevated alpha-fetoprotein (AFP) in patients with chronic hepatitis C, but not hepatocellular carcinoma. Am J Gastroenterol 2004;99:860-865., , , , , .Direct Link: