This work was supported by the National Institutes of Health (R01 DK085250-01A1 and 3P30 DK034 854-24S1; to P.G.F.), the Cooley's Anemia Foundation (to P.G.F.), the March of Dimes Research Foundation Basil O'Connor Starter Scholar Research Award (to P.G.F.), Harvard College Research Program (to N.N.), and the Institute for Collaborative Biotechnologies Grant W9111NF-09-001 from the U.S. Army Research Office (to S.M. and E.F.). The content of the information does not necessarily reflect the position or policy of the government, and no official endorsement should be inferred.
Steatohepatitis/Metabolic Liver Disease
The small molecule, genistein, increases hepcidin expression in human hepatocytes
Article first published online: 19 AUG 2013
Copyright © 2013 The Authors. Hepatology published by Wiley on behalf of the American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases.
This is an open access article under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs License, which permits use and distribution in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited, the use is non-commercial and no modifications or adaptations are made.
Volume 58, Issue 4, pages 1315–1325, October 2013
How to Cite
Zhen, A. W., Nguyen, N. H., Gibert, Y., Motola, S., Buckett, P., Wessling-Resnick, M., Fraenkel, E. and Fraenkel, P. G. (2013), The small molecule, genistein, increases hepcidin expression in human hepatocytes. Hepatology, 58: 1315–1325. doi: 10.1002/hep.26490
Potential conflict of interest: Nothing to report.
- Issue published online: 1 OCT 2013
- Article first published online: 19 AUG 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 22 MAY 2013 10:46AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 17 APR 2013
- Manuscript Received: 10 AUG 2012
This article has been cited by:
- 1The iron-regulatory hormone hepcidin: A possible therapeutic target?, Pharmacology & Therapeutics, 2015, 146, 35, , , , , ,
- 2A chemical screen identifies small molecules that regulate hepcidin expression, Blood Cells, Molecules, and Diseases, 2014, 53, 4, 231, , , , , , ,
- 3Critical models for the anemia of inflammation, Blood, 2014, 123, 8, 1124,
- 4Glycol-split nonanticoagulant heparins are inhibitors of hepcidin expression in vitro and in vivo, Blood, 2014, 123, 10, 1564, , , , , , , , , , , ,
- 5Modulation of Hepcidin as Therapy for Primary and Secondary Iron Overload Disorders, Hematology/Oncology Clinics of North America, 2014, 28, 2, 387, ,