These authors contributed equally to this work.
Steatohepatitis/Metabolic Liver Disease
Prothrombotic factors in histologically proven nonalcoholic fatty liver disease and nonalcoholic steatohepatitis
Version of Record online: 8 NOV 2013
© 2013 by the American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
Volume 59, Issue 1, pages 121–129, January 2014
How to Cite
Verrijken, A., Francque, S., Mertens, I., Prawitt, J., Caron, S., Hubens, G., Van Marck, E., Staels, B., Michielsen, P. and Van Gaal, L. (2014), Prothrombotic factors in histologically proven nonalcoholic fatty liver disease and nonalcoholic steatohepatitis. Hepatology, 59: 121–129. doi: 10.1002/hep.26510
See Editorial on Page 16
Potential conflict of interest: Nothing to report.
This work is part of the project “Hepatic and adipose tissue and functions in the metabolic syndrome” (HEPADIP), which is supported by the European Commission as an Integrated Project under the 6th Framework Program (contract LSHM-CT-2005-018734).
- Issue online: 20 DEC 2013
- Version of Record online: 8 NOV 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 23 MAY 2013 03:32PM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 30 APR 2013
- Manuscript Received: 24 DEC 2012
- 8Enoxaparin prevents portal vein thrombosis (PVT) and decompensation in advanced cirrhotic patients: final report of a prospective randomized controlled study. Hepatology 2011;54:article 418a., , , , , , et al.
- 23Nonalcoholic steatohepatitis: a proposal for grading and staging the histological lesions. Am J Gastroenterol 1999;94:2467-2474., , , , .Direct Link:
- 24Third Report of the National Cholesterol Education Program (NCEP) Expert Panel on Detection, Evaluation, and Treatment of High Blood Cholesterol in Adults (Adult Treatment Panel III) final report. Circulation 2002;106:3143-3421.
- 27Obesity and cardiovascular disease: pathophysiology, evaluation, and effect of weight loss: an update of the 1997 American Heart Association Scientific Statement on Obesity and Heart Disease from the Obesity Committee of the Council on Nutrition, Physical Activity, and Metabolism. Circulation 2006;113:898-918., , , , , , .
- 38High plasminogen activator inhibitor and tissue plasminogen activator levels in plasma precede a first acute myocardial infarction in both men and women: evidence for the fibrinolytic system as an independent primary risk factor. Circulation 1998;98:2241-2247., , , , , , .
- 39The diagnosis and management of non-alcoholic fatty liver disease: practice Guideline by the American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases, American College of Gastroenterology, and the American Gastroenterological Association. Hepatology 2012;55:2005-2023., , , , , , et al.