Potential conflict of interest: Nothing to report.
Sublethal heat treatment promotes epithelial-mesenchymal transition and enhances the malignant potential of hepatocellular carcinoma
Article first published online: 19 SEP 2013
© 2013 by the American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
Volume 58, Issue 5, pages 1667–1680, November 2013
How to Cite
Yoshida, S., Kornek, M., Ikenaga, N., Schmelzle, M., Masuzaki, R., Csizmadia, E., Wu, Y., Robson, S. C. and Schuppan, D. (2013), Sublethal heat treatment promotes epithelial-mesenchymal transition and enhances the malignant potential of hepatocellular carcinoma. Hepatology, 58: 1667–1680. doi: 10.1002/hep.26526
This work was supported by the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (grant nos.: 1 R21 DK075857-01A2 and U19 AI066313-05; to D.S.) and the German Research Foundation (DFG; grant no.: KO4103/1-1; to M.K.). M.S. also acknowledges grant support from the American Liver Foundation, the DFG (SCHM 2661/1-1 and 2661/1-2), and the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF; PtJ-Bio, 0315883).
Some aspects of this study were presented at an oral sessions of Digestive Disease Week 2011 (Abstract no. 896) and at poster sessions of the American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases 2012 (Abstract no. 887) and 2013 (Abstract no. 1804).
- Issue published online: 30 OCT 2013
- Article first published online: 19 SEP 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 31 MAY 2013 08:42AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 10 MAY 2013
- Manuscript Received: 21 NOV 2012
- National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases. Grant Numbers: 1 R21 DK075857-01A2, U19 AI066313-05
- German Research Foundation (DFG). Grant Number: KO4103/1-1
- American Liver Foundation, the DFG. Grant Numbers: SCHM 2661/1-1, 2661/1-2
- German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF; PtJ-Bio). Grant Number: 0315883
This article has been cited by:
- 2Tumour eradication using synchronous thermal ablation and Hsp90 chemotherapy with protein engineered triblock biopolymer-geldanamycin conjugates, International Journal of Hyperthermia, 2014, 30, 8, 550, , , , ,
- 3Can non-selective beta-blockers prevent hepatocellular carcinoma in patients with cirrhosis?, Medical Hypotheses, 2013, 81, 5, 871, , , , ,