Potential conflict of interest: Dr. Beuers consults for Intercept and Novartis. He received lecture fees from the Falk Foundation, Roche, Gilead, and Zambon. Dr. Ponsioen received grants from AbbVie, Falk, and Tramedico.
Autoimmune, Cholestatic and Biliary Disease
Population-based epidemiology, malignancy risk, and outcome of primary sclerosing cholangitis
Version of Record online: 17 OCT 2013
© 2013 by the American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
Volume 58, Issue 6, pages 2045–2055, December 2013
How to Cite
Boonstra, K., Weersma, R. K., van Erpecum, K. J., Rauws, E. A., Spanier, B.W. M., Poen, A. C., van Nieuwkerk, K. M., Drenth, J. P., Witteman, B. J., Tuynman, H. A., Naber, A. H., Kingma, P. J., van Buuren, H. R., van Hoek, B., Vleggaar, F. P., van Geloven, N., Beuers, U., Ponsioen, C. Y. and on behalf of the EpiPSCPBC Study Group (2013), Population-based epidemiology, malignancy risk, and outcome of primary sclerosing cholangitis. Hepatology, 58: 2045–2055. doi: 10.1002/hep.26565
This research was supported by unrestricted grants from AbbVie Inc. (Hoofddorp, the Netherlands), Tramedico Inc. (Weesp the Netherlands), and Dr. Falk Pharma Benelux Inc. (Breda, Netherlands). R.K.W. is supported by a clinical fellowship grant (90.700.281) from the Netherlands Organization for Scientific Research (NWO).
- Issue online: 26 NOV 2013
- Version of Record online: 17 OCT 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 14 JUN 2013 09:44AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 27 MAY 2013
- Manuscript Received: 5 FEB 2013
- 3Four years experience with short term stenting in primary sclerosing cholangitis. Am J Gastroenterol 1999;94:2403-2407., , , , .Direct Link:
- 4Incidence and risk factors for cholangiocarcinoma in primary sclerosing cholangitis. Am J Gastroenterol 2004;99:523-526., , , , , .Direct Link:
- 9Characterization, outcome, and prognosis in 273 patients with primary sclerosing cholangitis: a single center study. Am J Gastroenterol 2007;102:107-114., , , , .Direct Link:
- 20The burden of large and small duct primary sclerosing cholangitis in adults and children: a population-based analysis. Am J Gastroenterol 2007;102:1042-1049., , , , .Direct Link:
- 23Prevalence of autoimmune liver disease in Alaska Natives. Am J Gastroenterol 2002;97:2402-2407., , , , , .Direct Link:
- 40Mortality and cancer risk related to primary sclerosing cholangitis in a Swedish population-based cohort. Liver Int 2012;32:441-448., , .