Potential conflict of interest: Nothing to report.
Isolate-dependent use of claudins for cell entry by hepatitis C virus
Article first published online: 8 NOV 2013
© 2013 by the American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
Volume 59, Issue 1, pages 24–34, January 2014
How to Cite
Haid, S., Grethe, C., Dill, M. T., Heim, M., Kaderali, L. and Pietschmann, T. (2014), Isolate-dependent use of claudins for cell entry by hepatitis C virus. Hepatology, 59: 24–34. doi: 10.1002/hep.26567
This work was supported by a grant from the Helmholtz Association (SO-024; to T.P.). The authors are grateful to Takaji Wakita for the gift of the JFH1 isolate, to Jens Bukh for the different HCV chimeras, to Charles Rice for Huh-7.5 cells and 9E10 antibody, to Brent E. Korba for providing HuH6 cells, and to Matthew Evans for the miR122 expression construct. The authors are grateful to Isidro Hötzel and GENENTCH for providing the CLDN1-specific monoclonal antibody.
- Issue published online: 20 DEC 2013
- Article first published online: 8 NOV 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 14 JUN 2013 09:43AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 28 MAY 2013
- Manuscript Received: 11 APR 2013
- 1Hepatitis C virus. In: Knipe DM, Howley PM, eds. Fields Virology. Vol. 5. Philadelphia, PA: Lipincott Williams & Wilkins; 2007:1253-1304., , , .
- 10Development and characterization of hepatitis C virus genotype 1-7 cell culture systems: role of CD81 and scavenger receptor class B type I and effect of antiviral drugs. Hepatology 2009;49:364-377., , , , , , et al.