Potential conflict of interest: Jordi Bruix: consulting for Bayer Schering Pharma, Sumitomo, Pharmexa, Eisai, Eli Lilly, Biocompatibles, ArQule, BioAlliance, Novartis, ImClone, Schering-Plough, MedImmune, Roche, Abbott, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Jennerex, OSI, Sanofi, GlaxoSmithKline, AngioDynamics, Chugai Pharma, Terumo, Wako and Kowa. Research funding by ArQule, Daiichi Sankyo, Bayer Schering Pharma. Maria Reig and Alejandro Forner: consulting and advising for and research grants from for Bayer. Carlos Rodriguez-Lope, Ferran Torres, Neus LLarch, Jordi Rimola, Anna Darnell, José Ríos and Carmen Ayuso: no conflict of interest.
Postprogression survival of patients with advanced hepatocellular carcinoma: Rationale for second-line trial design
Article first published online: 29 OCT 2013
© 2013 by the American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
Volume 58, Issue 6, pages 2023–2031, December 2013
How to Cite
Reig, M., Rimola, J., Torres, F., Darnell, A., Rodriguez-Lope, C., Forner, A., LLarch, N., Ríos, J., Ayuso, C. and Bruix, J. (2013), Postprogression survival of patients with advanced hepatocellular carcinoma: Rationale for second-line trial design. Hepatology, 58: 2023–2031. doi: 10.1002/hep.26586
Supported by a grant from the Instituto de Salud Carlos III (PI11/01830). CIBERehd is funded by Instituto de Salud Carlos III. Carlos Rodríguez de Lope is supported by a grant from the Instituto de Salud Carlos III (FI09/00510). Maria Reig was partially supported by a grant from the University of Barcelona (APIF RD63/2006).
- Issue published online: 26 NOV 2013
- Article first published online: 29 OCT 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 20 JUN 2013 08:23AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 11 JUN 2013
- Manuscript Received: 8 APR 2013
- 4Phase III trial of sunitinib (Su) versus sorafenib (So) in advanced hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC). J Clin Oncol 2011;29(suppl; Abstract 4000)., , , , , , et al.
- 6Post-study therapy as a source of confounding in survival analysis of first-line studies in patients with advanced non-small-cell lung cancer. J Thorac Dis 2011;3:88-98., , .
- 9Modeling survival data: extending the Cox model (statistics for biology and health). New York: Springer; 2000., .
- 16EASL-EORTC clinical practice guidelines: management of hepatocellular carcinoma. J Hepatol 2012;56:908-943.