Potential conflict of interest: M.H., J.D., R.S.D., E.M.: no conflicts of interest to declare. A.T.: Research/grant support, Merck, Roche, Gilead; Consulting/ advisory capacity, Merck, Roche, Janssen-Cilag (Johnson and Johnson), Gilead, Novartis; Speaker's fee, Merck, Roche, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Bayer, Janssen, Gilead. Coinventor of a patent related to the IL28B-HCV discovery.
Eradication of hepatitis C infection: The importance of targeting people who inject drugs
Article first published online: 24 DEC 2013
Copyright © 2013 The Authors. HEPATOLOGY published by Wiley on behalf of the American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases.
This is an open access article under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial License, which permits use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited and is not used for commercial purposes.
Volume 59, Issue 2, pages 366–369, February 2014
How to Cite
Hellard, M., Doyle, J. S., Sacks-Davis, R., Thompson, A. J. and McBryde, E. (2014), Eradication of hepatitis C infection: The importance of targeting people who inject drugs. Hepatology, 59: 366–369. doi: 10.1002/hep.26623
M.H., J.D., R.S.D., A.T., and E.M. are supported by the National Health and Medical Research Council. J.D. and R.S.D. are supported by the NHMRC-funded Centre for Research Excellence into Injecting Drug Use. The authors acknowledge the contribution to this work of the Victorian Operational Infrastructure Support Program (Department of Health, Victoria, Australia) to the Burnet Institute.
- Issue published online: 29 JAN 2014
- Article first published online: 24 DEC 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 19 JUL 2013 05:35AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 3 JUL 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 17 JUN 2013
- Manuscript Received: 12 MAY 2013
This article has been cited by:
- 2Global policy and access to new hepatitis C therapies for people who inject drugs, International Journal of Drug Policy, 2015,, , , , , , ,
- 3High-Resolution Hepatitis C Virus Subtyping Using NS5B Deep Sequencing and Phylogeny, an Alternative to Current Methods, Journal of Clinical Microbiology, 2015, 53, 1, 219, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
- 5The hepatitis C virus epidemics in key populations (including people who inject drugs, prisoners and MSM), Current Opinion in HIV and AIDS, 2015, 10, 5, 374, , , ,
- 6The promise of treatment as prevention for hepatitis C: Meeting the needs of people who inject drugs?, International Journal of Drug Policy, 2015,, , ,
- 7The role of a hepatitis C virus vaccine: modelling the benefits alongside direct-acting antiviral treatments, BMC Medicine, 2015, 13, 1, , , , , , ,
- 8Antiviral therapy for chronic hepatitis C in 2014, Expert Review of Clinical Pharmacology, 2014, 7, 4, 499, ,