See Editorial on Page 1223
Liver Failure/Cirrhosis/Portal Hypertension
Relaxin modulates human and rat hepatic myofibroblast function and ameliorates portal hypertension in vivo
Version of Record online: 3 MAR 2014
Copyright © 2014 by the American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
Volume 59, Issue 4, pages 1492–1504, April 2014
How to Cite
Fallowfield, J. A., Hayden, A. L., Snowdon, V. K., Aucott, R. L., Stutchfield, B. M., Mole, D. J., Pellicoro, A., Gordon-Walker, T. T., Henke, A., Schrader, J., Trivedi, P. J., Princivalle, M., Forbes, S. J., Collins, J. E. and Iredale, J. P. (2014), Relaxin modulates human and rat hepatic myofibroblast function and ameliorates portal hypertension in vivo. Hepatology, 59: 1492–1504. doi: 10.1002/hep.26627
Potential conflict of interest: Nothing to report.
Jonathan Fallowfield and Damian Mole are supported by Academy of Medical Sciences / The Health Foundation Clinician Scientist Fellowships. Annette Hayden was funded jointly by Ferring Research Ltd as part of an industrial collaborative studentship with the Medical Research Council (MRC) UK and the University of Southampton. Victoria Snowdon and Ben Stutchfield are funded by Scottish Translational Medicine and Therapeutics / Wellcome Trust Clinical Research Fellowships. John Iredale gratefully acknowledges the support of the Medical Research Council and the Wellcome Trust.
- Issue online: 24 MAR 2014
- Version of Record online: 3 MAR 2014
- Accepted manuscript online: 19 JUL 2013 05:35AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 3 JUL 2013
- Manuscript Received: 9 MAY 2013
- 2Quantitation of rat hepatic stellate cell contraction: stellate cells' contribution to sinusoidal resistance. Am J Physiol 1999;277:137-143., .
- 14The contraction of hepatic stellate (Ito) cells stimulated with vasoactive substances. Possible involvement of endothelin 1 and nitric oxide in the regulation of the sinusoidal tonus. Eur J Biochem 1993;213:815-823., , , .
- 16Impact of gender and endothelin on renal vasodilation and hyperfiltration induced by relaxin in conscious rats. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 2000;279:1298-1304., , .