These authors contributed equally to this work.
Structure-guided design affirms inhibitors of hepatitis C virus p7 as a viable class of antivirals targeting virion release
Article first published online: 24 DEC 2013
Copyright © 2013 The Authors. HEPATOLOGY published by Wiley on behalf of the American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases.
This is an open access article under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Volume 59, Issue 2, pages 408–422, February 2014
How to Cite
Foster, T. L., Thompson, G. S., Kalverda, A. P., Kankanala, J., Bentham, M., Wetherill, L. F., Thompson, J., Barker, A. M., Clarke, D., Noerenberg, M., Pearson, A. R., Rowlands, D. J., Homans, S. W., Harris, M., Foster, R. and Griffin, S. (2014), Structure-guided design affirms inhibitors of hepatitis C virus p7 as a viable class of antivirals targeting virion release. Hepatology, 59: 408–422. doi: 10.1002/hep.26685
Potential conflict of interest: Nothing to report.
TLF was supported by a Wellcome Trust PhD studentship (to MH and ARP) and subsequently by a Yorkshire Cancer Research Award (SG, PP025). Work in the Griffin laboratory was also supported by the University of Leeds Biomedical Health Research Centre (BHRC), the Leeds CRUK clinical centre, a UK Royal Society project award (SG, RG081138), and a Medical Research Council New Investigator Research Grant (SG, G0700124). MH is the recipient of a Wellcome Trust Investigator Award and SG holds a Senior Fellowship with the University of Leeds BHRC.
- Issue published online: 29 JAN 2014
- Article first published online: 24 DEC 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 12 AUG 2013 05:22AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 7 AUG 2013
- Manuscript Received: 24 JAN 2013
This article has been cited by:
- 1Genotype-specific differences in structural features of hepatitis C virus (HCV) p7 membrane protein, Biochimica et Biophysica Acta (BBA) - Biomembranes, 2015, 1848, 6, 1383, , , ,
- 2Relating structure and function of viral membrane-spanning miniproteins, Current Opinion in Virology, 2015, 12, 121,
- 4Viroporins: structure, function and potential as antiviral targets, Journal of General Virology, 2015, 96, 8, 2000, ,
- 5“Too little, too late?” Will inhibitors of the hepatitis C virus p7 ion channel ever be used in the clinic?, Future Medicinal Chemistry, 2014, 6, 17, 1893,
- 6Docking assay of small molecule antivirals to p7 of HCV, Computational Biology and Chemistry, 2014, 53, 308, , ,
- 7Ion-dynamics in hepatitis C virus p7 helical transmembrane domains — a molecular dynamics simulation study, Biophysical Chemistry, 2014, 192, 33, , , ,
- 8The elusive function of the hepatitis C virus p7 protein, Virology, 2014, 462-463, 377, , ,
- 9The stability of secreted, acid-labile H77/JFH-1 hepatitis C virus (HCV) particles is altered by patient isolate genotype 1a p7 sequences, Virology, 2014, 448, 117, , , , , ,