See Editorial on Page 1668
Steatohepatitis/Metabolic Liver Disease
Relationship between sarcopenia and nonalcoholic fatty liver disease: The Korean Sarcopenic Obesity Study
Version of Record online: 24 MAR 2014
© 2014 by the American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
Volume 59, Issue 5, pages 1772–1778, May 2014
How to Cite
Hong, H. C., Hwang, S. Y., Choi, H. Y., Yoo, H. J., Seo, J. A., Kim, S. G., Kim, N. H., Baik, S. H., Choi, D. S. and Choi, K. M. (2014), Relationship between sarcopenia and nonalcoholic fatty liver disease: The Korean Sarcopenic Obesity Study. Hepatology, 59: 1772–1778. doi: 10.1002/hep.26716
Potential conflict of interest: Nothing to report.
Supported by the Basic Science Research Program through the National Research Foundation of Korea, which is funded by the Ministry of Education, Science and Technology (2012006363) (K.M.C.), the Brain Korea 21 Project of the Ministry of Education and Human Resources Development, Republic of Korea (K.M.C. and S.H.B.) (HI10V-0007-010013), and by a grant from Korea University (K.M.C.).
- Issue online: 23 APR 2014
- Version of Record online: 24 MAR 2014
- Accepted manuscript online: 31 AUG 2013 06:57AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 25 AUG 2013
- Manuscript Received: 4 JUL 2013
- 1Population Projections (2010 ∼ 2060) and various population-related indicators (birth rate, death rate and life expectancy) on the basis of the results from the 2010 Population Census http://www.index.go.kr/egams/stts/jsp/potal/stts/PO_STTS_IdxMain.jsp?idx_cd=1010&bbs=INDX_001. 2011..
- 11Insulin resistance: a contributing factor to age-related muscle mass loss? Diabetes Metab 2005;31(Spec No 2):5S20-25S26., .
- 19World Health Organization,International Association for the Study of Obesity,International Obesity Task Force. The Asia-Pacific Perspective: redefining obesity and its treatment. Sydney: Health Communications Australia; 2000.
- 20American Heart Association;National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, , , , , et al. Diagnosis and management of the metabolic syndrome. An American Heart Association/National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute Scientific Statement. Executive summary. Cardiol Rev 2005;13:322-327.
- 25Managing sarcopenia with progressive resistance exercise training. J Nutr Health Aging 2002;6:349-356..
- 27Age-related changes in muscle. Mayo Clin Proc 2000;75(Suppl):S14-S18..