Potential conflict of interest: Dr. Thomas consults for and received grants from Gilead and Merck. He consults for Janssen. Dr. Sulkowski advises and received grants from Gilead, AbbVie, Boehringer Ingelheim, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Merck, Vertex, and Janssen.
Fibrosis progression in human immunodeficiency virus/hepatitis C virus coinfected adults: Prospective analysis of 435 liver biopsy pairs
Version of Record online: 16 JAN 2014
© 2014 by the American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
Volume 59, Issue 3, pages 767–775, March 2014
How to Cite
Konerman, M. A., Mehta, S. H., Sutcliffe, C. G., Vu, T., Higgins, Y., Torbenson, M. S., Moore, R. D., Thomas, D. L. and Sulkowski, M. S. (2014), Fibrosis progression in human immunodeficiency virus/hepatitis C virus coinfected adults: Prospective analysis of 435 liver biopsy pairs. Hepatology, 59: 767–775. doi: 10.1002/hep.26741
Supported by grants K24DA00432, DA-11602, DA-16065, and DA-13806 from the National Institute on Drug Abuse, AA016893 from the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism, K23 AT002862 (TTB) from the National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine, grant HS 07-809 from the Agency for Healthcare Policy and Research and the Clinical Research Unit at the Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, M01RR-02719. This publication was made possible by grant number UL1 RR 025005 from the National Center for Research Resources (NCRR), a component of the National Institutes of Health (NIH), and NIH Roadmap for Medical Research. Its contents are solely the responsibility of the authors and do not necessarily represent the official view of NCRR or NIH.
- Issue online: 25 FEB 2014
- Version of Record online: 16 JAN 2014
- Accepted manuscript online: 20 SEP 2013 03:31AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 10 SEP 2013
- Manuscript Received: 2 MAR 2013
- 12Management and treatment of hepatitis C virus infection in HIV-infected adults: recommendations from the Veterans Affairs Hepatitis C Resource Center Program and National Hepatitis C Program Office. Am J Gastroenterol 2005;100:2338-2354..Direct Link:
- 18Panel on Antiretroviral Guidelines for Adults and Adolescents.Guidelines for the use of antiretroviral agents in HIV-1-infected adults and adolescents. Department of Health and Human Services. Available at: http://aidsinfo.nih.gov/ContentFiles/AdultandAdolescentGL.pdf
- 20Nonalcoholic steatohepatitis: a proposal for grading and staging the histological lesions. Am J Gastroenterol 1999;94:2467-2474., , , , .Direct Link:
- 32Insulin resistance is associated with advanced liver fibrosis and high body mass index in HIV/HCV-coinfected patients. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 2009;1:109-110., , , , , , et al.