Potential conflict of interest: Nothing to report.
Inflammatory and metabolic biomarkers and risk of liver and biliary tract cancer
Article first published online: 29 JUL 2014
© 2014 The Authors. Hepatology published by Wiley on behalf of the American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases.
This is an open access article under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs License, which permits use and distribution in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited, the use is non-commercial and no modifications or adaptations are made.
Volume 60, Issue 3, pages 858–871, September 2014
How to Cite
Aleksandrova, K., Boeing, H., Nöthlings, U., Jenab, M., Fedirko, V., Kaaks, R., Lukanova, A., Trichopoulou, A., Trichopoulos, D., Boffetta, P., Trepo, E., Westhpal, S., Duarte-Salles, T., Stepien, M., Overvad, K., Tjønneland, A., Halkjær, J., Boutron-Ruault, M.-C., Dossus, L., Racine, A., Lagiou, P., Bamia, C., Benetou, V., Agnoli, C., Palli, D., Panico, S., Tumino, R., Vineis, P., Bueno-de-Mesquita, B., Peeters, P. H., Gram, I. T., Lund, E., Weiderpass, E., Quirós, J. R., Agudo, A., Sánchez, M.-J., Gavrila, D., Barricarte, A., Dorronsoro, M., Ohlsson, B., Lindkvist, B., Johansson, A., Sund, M., Khaw, K.-T., Wareham, N., Travis, R. C., Riboli, E. and Pischon, T. (2014), Inflammatory and metabolic biomarkers and risk of liver and biliary tract cancer. Hepatology, 60: 858–871. doi: 10.1002/hep.27016
This work was supported by the Federal Ministry of Education and Research, the German Research Foundation, a grant from the German Research Foundation (PI 419/3-1; Germany), and the French National Cancer Institute (L'Institut National du Cancer; INCA; grant no.: 2009-139). The coordination of EPIC is financially supported by the European Commission (DG-SANCO) and the International Agency for Research on Cancer. The national cohorts are supported by the Danish Cancer Society (Denmark), Ligue Contre le Cancer, Institut Gustave Roussy, Mutuelle Générale de l'Education Nationale, Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale (INSERM; France), Deutsche Krebshilfe, Deutsches Krebsforschungszentrum, the Hellenic Health Foundation, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation and the Hellenic Ministry of Health and Social Solidarity (Greece), the Italian Association for Research on Cancer (AIRC), the National Research Council, AIRE-ONLUS Ragusa, AVIS Ragusa, Sicilian Government (Italy), the Dutch Ministry of Public Health, Welfare and Sports (VWS), the Netherlands Cancer Registry (NKR), LK Research Funds, Dutch Prevention Funds, Dutch ZON (Zorg Onderzoek Nederland), the World Cancer Research Fund (WCRF), Statistics Netherlands (the Netherlands), the European Research Council (ERC; grant no.: ERC-2009-AdG 232997), Nordforsk, the Nordic Center of Excellence Programme on Food, Nutrition and Health (Norway), the Health Research Fund (FIS), Regional Governments of Andalucía, Asturias, Basque Country, Murcia (no. 6236) and Navarra, ISCIII RETIC (RD06/0020; Spain), the Swedish Cancer Society, the Swedish Scientific Council, the Regional Government of Skåne and Västerbotten (Sweden), Cancer Research UK, the Medical Research Council, the Stroke Association, the British Heart Foundation, the Department of Health, the Food Standards Agency, and Wellcome Trust (UK).
See Editorial on Page 779
- Issue published online: 25 AUG 2014
- Article first published online: 29 JUL 2014
- Accepted manuscript online: 17 JAN 2014 10:52PM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 15 JAN 2014
- Manuscript Revised: 9 JAN 2014
- Manuscript Received: 19 AUG 2013
This article has been cited by:
- 1Advanced Lung Cancer Inflammation Index, a New Prognostic Score, Predicts Outcome in Patients With Small-Cell Lung Cancer, Clinical Lung Cancer, 2015,, , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
- 2Alanine aminotransferase to hemoglobin ratio is an indicator for disease progression for hepatocellular carcinoma patients receiving transcatheter arterial chemoembolization, Tumor Biology, 2015,, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
- 4Body fatness as a cause of cancer: epidemiologic clues to biologic mechanisms, Endocrine Related Cancer, 2015, 22, 3, R125, ,
- 5Dietary effects on liver tumor burden in mice treated with the hepatocellular carcinogen diethylnitrosamine, Journal of Hepatology, 2015, 62, 3, 599, , , , , , , , ,
- 6From leptin to other adipokines in health and disease: Facts and expectations at the beginning of the 21st century, Metabolism, 2015, 64, 1, 131, ,
- 10Mexico City normal weight children exposed to high concentrations of ambient PM2.5 show high blood leptin and endothelin-1, vitamin D deficiency, and food reward hormone dysregulation versus low pollution controls. Relevance for obesity and Alzheimer disease, Environmental Research, 2015, 140, 579, , , , , , , , , , ,
- 11Overexpression of C-reactive Protein as a Poor Prognostic Marker of Resectable Hepatocellular Carcinomas, Journal of Pathology and Translational Medicine, 2015, 49, 2, 105, , , , , , ,
- 12Prediagnostic serum inflammatory markers in relation to breast cancer risk, severity at diagnosis and survival in breast cancer patients, Carcinogenesis, 2015, 36, 10, 1121, , , , , , , , ,
- 14Serum adiponectin levels may be associated with the pathogenesis of hepatocellular carcinoma, Tumor Biology, 2015, 36, 4, 2983, ,
- 15Interleukins in Cancer Biology, 2015,, ,
- 16Contrôle de la signalisation et de l’action de l’insuline par la protéine Grb14, Biologie Aujourd'hui, 2014, 208, 2, 119, , , ,