Potential conflict of interest: Dr. Lim consults for and received grants from Bristol-Myers Squibb, Boehringer Ingelheim, and Gilead. He consults for Merck. He received grants from Abbott, Achillion, Genentech, and Vertex.
Advances in interferon-free hepatitis C therapy: 2014 and beyond
Version of Record online: 3 MAR 2014
© 2014 by the American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
Volume 59, Issue 4, pages 1641–1644, April 2014
How to Cite
Sarkar, S. and Lim, J. K. (2014), Advances in interferon-free hepatitis C therapy: 2014 and beyond. Hepatology, 59: 1641–1644. doi: 10.1002/hep.27055
- Issue online: 24 MAR 2014
- Version of Record online: 3 MAR 2014
- Accepted manuscript online: 7 FEB 2014 05:16AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 3 FEB 2014
- Manuscript Received: 30 JAN 2014
- 2FDA briefing document “Simeprevir” for the October 24, 2013 Antiviral Drugs Advisory Committee Meeting. Rockville, MD: U.S. Federal Drug Administration (Accessed December 16, 2013 at http://www.fda.gov/downloads/advisorycommittees/committeesmeetingmaterials/drugs/antiviraldrugsadvisorycommittee/ucm375113.pdf).
- 3FDA briefing document “Sofosbuvir” for the October 25, 2013 Antiviral Drugs Advisory Committee Meeting. Rockville, MD: U.S. Federal Drug Administration (Accessed December 16, 2013 at http://www.fda.gov/downloads/advisorycommittees/committeesmeetingmaterials/drugs/antiviraldrugsadvisorycommittee/ucm375286.pdf).
- 7Sofosbuvir and ledipasvir fixed-dose combination with and without ribavirin in treatment-naïve and previously treated patients with genotype 1 hepatitis C virus infection (LONESTAR): an open-label, randomized, phase 2 trial. Lancet 2014;383:515-523., , , , , , et al.
- 11Gilead Sciences. Gilead announces SVR12 rates from three phase 3 studies evaluating a once-daily fixed-dose combination of sofosbuvir and ledipasvir for genotype 1 hepatitis C patients (press release). December 18, 2013 (http://www.gilead.com/news/press-releases/2013/12/gilead-announces-svr12-rates-from-three-phase-3-studies-evaluating-a-oncedaily-fixeddose-combination-of-sofosbuvir-and-ledipasvir-for-genotype-1-hepatitis-c-patients).
- 12AbbVie. AbbVie releases first of six phase III results from investigational all-oral, interferon-free, 12-week regimen, showing 96 percent SVR12 in genotype 1 hepatitis C patients new to therapy (press release). November 18, 2013 (http://abbvie.mediaroom.com/2013-11-18-AbbVie-Releases-First-of-Six-Phase-III-Results-from-Investigational-All-Oral-Interferon-Free-12-week-Regimen-Showing-96-Percent-SVR12-in-Genotype-1-Hepatitis-C-Patients-New-to-Therapy).
- 13AbbVie. AbbVie demonstrates 96 percent SVR12 in its phase III study of treatment-experienced patients with genotype 1 hepatitis C. December 10, 2013 (http://abbvie.mediaroom.com/2013-12-10-AbbVie-Demonstrates-96-percent-SVR-12-in-its-Phase-III-Study-of-Treatment-Experienced-Patients-with-Genotype-1-Hepatitis-C).