These authors contributed equally to this work.
Cost-effectiveness analysis of liver resection versus transplantation for early hepatocellular carcinoma within the Milan criteria
Article first published online: 29 MAY 2014
© 2014 by the American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
Volume 61, Issue 1, pages 227–237, January 2015
How to Cite
Lim, K. C., Wang, V. W., Siddiqui, F. J., Shi, L., Chan, E. S.Y., Oh, H. C., Tan, S. B. and Chow, P. K.H. (2015), Cost-effectiveness analysis of liver resection versus transplantation for early hepatocellular carcinoma within the Milan criteria. Hepatology, 61: 227–237. doi: 10.1002/hep.27135
Potential conflict of interest: All authors have completed the Unified Competing Interest form at www.icmje.org/coi_disclosure.pdf (available on request from the corresponding author) and declare that they have no financial interests that may be relevant to the submitted work.
This study was supported by the Khoo Clinical Discovery Project Award of the Duke-NUS Graduate Medical School. This work was supported in part by Health Resources and Services Administration contract 234-2005-370011C. The content is the responsibility of the authors alone and does not necessarily reflect the views or policies of the Department of Health and Human Services, nor does mention of trade names, commercial products, or organizations imply endorsement by the U.S. Government.
- Issue published online: 29 DEC 2014
- Article first published online: 29 MAY 2014
- Accepted manuscript online: 18 MAR 2014 05:25AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 13 MAR 2014
- Manuscript Received: 20 SEP 2013
- 34Asian Pacific Association for the Study of the Liver consensus recommendations on hepatocellular carcinoma. 2010:439-474., , , , , , et al.
- 40CDC. United States Life Tables. Atlanta, GA: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention; 2008.
- 44A comparison of lipiodol chemoembolization and conservative treatment for unresectable hepatocellular carcinoma. Groupe d'Etude et de Traitement du Carcinome Hepatocellulaire. N Engl J Med 1995;332:1256-1261.
- 45Multicentre randomised phase III trial comparing tamoxifen alone or with transarterial lipiodol chemoembolisation for unresectable hepatocellular carcinoma in cirrhotic patients (Federation Francophone de Cancerologie Digestive 9402). Eur J Cancer 2008;44:528-538., , , , , , et al.
- 49The World Bank. Official exchange rate (LCU per US$, period average). Available from: http://data.worldbank.org/indicator/PA.NUS.FCRF/countries?page=1&display=default: http://data.worldbank.org/indicator/PA.NUS.FCRF/countries?page=1&display=default.
- 50United States Department of Labor. Consumer Price Index, Bureau of Labor Statistics. Washington, DC: United States Department of Labor; 2012.
- 51Methods for the economic evaluation of health care programmes, 3rd ed. Oxford, UK: Oxford University Press, 2005., , , , .
- 53World Health Organization. Cost-effectiveness threshold. chooosing interventions that are cost effective (WHO-CHOICE). Geneva, Switzerland: WHO.
- 54OECD. Stat extracts. Gross Domestic Product (GDP): GDP per head, US $, current prices, current PPPs. Paris: OECD; 2013.
- 55.Department of Statistics — Singapore. Time series on per capita GDP at current market prices.