Dietary iron overload as a risk factor for hepatocellular carcinoma in black africans
Article first published online: 30 DEC 2003
Copyright © 1998 American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
Volume 27, Issue 6, pages 1563–1566, June 1998
How to Cite
Mandishona, E., MacPhail, A. P., Gordeuk, V. R., Kedda, M.-A., Paterson, A. C., Rouault, T. A. and Kew, M. C. (1998), Dietary iron overload as a risk factor for hepatocellular carcinoma in black africans. Hepatology, 27: 1563–1566. doi: 10.1002/hep.510270614
- Issue published online: 30 DEC 2003
- Article first published online: 30 DEC 2003
- Manuscript Accepted: 17 FEB 1998
- Manuscript Received: 24 OCT 1997
- South African Medical Research Council and the University of the Witwatersrand and the Office of Minority Health to the Cell Biology and Metabolism Branch, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (NICHD). Grant Number: I-HD 3-3i96
- 1Cancer Incidence in Five Continents. Vol. 5 (IARC Publications No. 120). Lyon: International Agency for Research on Cancer, 1992., , , , , .
- 14Elisa for quantification of aflatoxin-albumin adducts and their application to human exposure assessment. In: WartholM, van VelzerD, BullockG, eds. Techniques in Diagnostic Pathology. Volume 2. London: Academic Press, Ltd., 1993:135–155., .
- 17Expert Scientific Working Group. Assessment of the Iron Nutritional Status of the U.S. Population Based on Data Collected in the Second National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey, 1976-1980. Washington, DC: Center for Food Safety Applied Nutrition, Food and Drug Administration, 1984.
- 18Plasma Iron. In: Iron Metabolism in Man. Oxford: Blackwell Scientific, 1979:300–301., , , .
- 19Statistical Methods in Epidemiology. New York: Oxford University Press, 1989., .
- 25Experimental studies on the role of iron in liver tumor development. In: HallbergL, Nils-Georg A, eds. Iron Nutrition in Health and Disease. London: John Libbey and Co., 1996:285–292., .