Ostapowicz was supported by a Postgraduate Medical Research Scholarship from the Gastroenterological Society of Australia
Role of alcohol in the progression of liver disease caused by hepatitis C virus infection
Version of Record online: 30 DEC 2003
Copyright © 1998 American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
Volume 27, Issue 6, pages 1730–1735, June 1998
How to Cite
Ostapowicz, G., Watson, K. J., Locarnini, S. A. and Desmond, P. V. (1998), Role of alcohol in the progression of liver disease caused by hepatitis C virus infection. Hepatology, 27: 1730–1735. doi: 10.1002/hep.510270637
- Issue online: 30 DEC 2003
- Version of Record online: 30 DEC 2003
- Manuscript Accepted: 29 JAN 1998
- Manuscript Received: 18 SEP 1997
- 16Chronic hepatitis C, alcohol and hepatic fibrosis [Abstract]. Hepatology 1996; 24:153A., , , , .
- 18Alcohol does not play a significant role in promoting cirrhosis in chronic hepatitis C: analysis of 102 patients [Abstract]. Hepatology 1994; 20:254A., , , , .
- 22Multicentre evaluation of analytical performances of the Amplicor HCV RNA qualitative test [Abstract]. Hepatology 1994; 20(Suppl:241A., , , , , , , et al.
- 24HCV Amplicor-LIPA combined procedure: validation and benefits [Abstract]. Hepatology 1994; 20(Suppl:241A., , , , , .
- 29Alcohol is an independent risk factor in the progression of HCV-induced liver disease [Abstract]. Gastroenterology 1996; 110:A510., , , .
- 32Antibodies to hepatitis B virus and hepatitis C virus in alcoholic hepatitis and cirrhosis: their prevalence and clinical relevance. The VA Cooperative Study Group (No. 119). Hepatology 1991; 14:581–589.MEDLINE, , , , , , , et al.
- 33Does ethnic background, gender or alcohol have a role in clinical severity of hepatitis C (HCV)? [Abstract]. Hepatology 1996; 24:379A., , , .
- 35Natural history of hepatitis C: age at the time of the transmission might be an important predictive factor of progression to cirrhosis [Abstract]. Gastroenterology 1997; 112:A361., , , , , , , et al.
- 36Demographic features and clinical outcomes in hepatitis C [Abstract]. Gastroenterology 1997; 112:A367., , , , , .