Different hepatitis b virus genotypes are associated with different mutations in the core promoter and precore regions during hepatitis B e antigen seroconversion
Version of Record online: 30 DEC 2003
Copyright © 1999 American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
Volume 29, Issue 3, pages 976–984, March 1999
How to Cite
Chan, H. L. Y., Hussain, M. and Lok, A. S. F. (1999), Different hepatitis b virus genotypes are associated with different mutations in the core promoter and precore regions during hepatitis B e antigen seroconversion. Hepatology, 29: 976–984. doi: 10.1002/hep.510290352
- Issue online: 30 DEC 2003
- Version of Record online: 30 DEC 2003
- Manuscript Accepted: 30 NOV 1998
- Manuscript Received: 12 AUG 1998
- Hong Kong Association for the Study of Liver Diseases (to Dr. Chan) and a VA Merit Review Award (to Dr. Lok)
- 3Mutation preventing formation of hepatitis B e antigen in patients with chronic hepatitis B infection. Lancet 1989; ii:588–590., , , , , , .
- 6Defects in the precore region of the HBV genome in patients with chronic hepatitis B after sustained seroconversion from HBeAg to anti-HBe induced spontaneously or with interferon therapy. Hepatology 1990; 12:1284–1289.MEDLINE, , , , , , .
- 19Reduced precore transcription and enhanced core-pregenome transcription of hepatitis B virus DNA after replacement of the precore-core promoter with sequences associated with e antigen-seronegative persistent infections. Virology 1996; 226:269–280.MEDLINE, , , .