Cycloprodigiosin hydrochloride, a new H+/Cl− symporter, induces apoptosis in human and rat hepatocellular cancer cell lines in vitro and inhibits the growth of hepatocellular carcinoma xenografts in nude mice
Version of Record online: 30 DEC 2003
Copyright © 1999 American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
Volume 30, Issue 4, pages 894–902, October 1999
How to Cite
Yamamoto, C., Takemoto, H., Kuno, K., Yamamoto, D., Tsubura, A., Kamata, K., Hirata, H., Yamamoto, A., Kano, H., Seki, T. and Inoue, K. (1999), Cycloprodigiosin hydrochloride, a new H+/Cl− symporter, induces apoptosis in human and rat hepatocellular cancer cell lines in vitro and inhibits the growth of hepatocellular carcinoma xenografts in nude mice. Hepatology, 30: 894–902. doi: 10.1002/hep.510300417
- Issue online: 30 DEC 2003
- Version of Record online: 30 DEC 2003
- Manuscript Accepted: 9 JUL 1999
- Manuscript Received: 22 MAR 1999
- Grant-in-Aid from the Ministry of Education, Science, and Culture, Japan
- Science Research Promotion Fund of the Japanese Private School Promotion Foundation
- 8Death of tumor cells after intracellular acidification is dependent on stress-activated protein kinases (SAPK/JNK) pathway activation and cannot be inhibited by bcl-2 expression or interleukin 1β-converting enzyme inhibition. Cancer Res 1998; 58:2801–2808. MEDLINE, , , .
- 12Prodigiosin. In: GottliebD, ShawPD, eds. In: Antibiotics. Berlin: Springer-Verlag, 1967; 2:410–432., .
- 24The anti-inflammatory drug sodium salicylate inhibits nitric oxide formation induced by interleukin-1β at a translational step, but not a transcriptional step, in hepatocytes. Hepatology 1997; 25:416–420. MEDLINE, , , , , , .
- 25Breast Cancer Res Treat, in press., , , , , . Synergistic action of apoptosis induced by eicosapentaenoic acid and TNP-470 on human breast cancer cells.
- 31Plant Cell Physiol, in press., , , , . Cycloprodigiosin uncouples H-pyrophosphatase of plant vacuolar membrane in the presence of chloride ion.