The cost of hepatitis A infections in American adolescents and adults in 1997
Article first published online: 30 DEC 2003
Copyright © 2000 American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
Volume 31, Issue 2, pages 469–473, February 2000
How to Cite
Berge, J. J., Drennan, D. P., Jacobs, R. J., Jakins, A., Meyerhoff, A. S., Stubblefield, W. and Weinberg, M. (2000), The cost of hepatitis A infections in American adolescents and adults in 1997. Hepatology, 31: 469–473. doi: 10.1002/hep.510310229
- Issue published online: 30 DEC 2003
- Article first published online: 30 DEC 2003
- Manuscript Accepted: 25 OCT 1999
- Manuscript Received: 11 MAY 1999
- 1Global impact of hepatitis A virus infection: changing patterns. In: FBHollinger, SMLemon, HSMargolis eds. Viral Hepatitis and Liver Disease. Baltimore, MD: Williams & Wilkins. 1991;14–19..
- 2Hepatitis Surveillance Report Number 56. Atlanta, GA: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. 1996.
- 61996., , , , , , . An economic analysis of the uses of hepatitis A vaccine to control community wide epidemics. Presented at the IX Triennial International Symposium on Viral Hepatitis and Liver Disease. Rome, Italy, April 21–25,
- 9Vaccination of sexually active homosexual men against hepatitis A: analysis of costs and benefits. Journal of the Gay and Lesbian Medical Association 1999; 3:51–58., .
- 12Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Prevention of hepatitis A through active or passive immunization: recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 1996; 45(RR-15):4–5.
- 19Hospital Statistics. The AHA Profile of United States Hospitals. Chicago, IL: American Hospital Association. 1996.
- 20Fee and Coding Standard. National Pricing Guide for Setting Fees — 1997. Salt Lake City, UT: Medicode, Inc. 1997.
- 211997 Drug Topics Redbook. Montvale, NJ: Medical Economics Co. 1997.
- 22Cost implications of human organ transplantation, an update: 1993. Seattle, WA: Milliman & Robertson, Inc. 1993..
- 23Cost-effectiveness analysis. In: ACHaddix, SMTeutsch, PAShaffer, DODuñet eds. Prevention Effectiveness — A Guide to Decision Analysis and Economic Evaluation. New York, NY: Oxford University Press. 1996;116–118., .
- 25Which estimates of household production are best? J Forensic Economics 1990; 4:25–45., , .
- 26Employment Cost Index — March, 1997. Washington, DC: Bureau of Labor Statistics. April 29, 1997.
- 28Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Prevention of hepatitis A through active or passive immunization: recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP). MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 1999; 48(RR-12):14–15.
- 30Economic consequences of diabetes mellitus in the U.S. in 1997. Alexandria, VA: American Diabetes Association. 1998., , , .
- 31Health economics and cost implications of anxiety and other mental disorders in the United States. Br J Psychiatry 1998; 173(Suppl 34):4S–9S., .
- 37Public health considerations—United States. In: SAPlotkin, WAOrenstein eds. Vaccines. Philadelphia, PA: WB Saunders Company. 1999;1006–1032., , .