Reflections on the frameworks we use to capture complex and dynamic health sector issues
Article first published online: 11 JAN 2013
Copyright © 2013 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
The International Journal of Health Planning and Management
Volume 28, Issue 1, pages 95–101, January/March 2013
How to Cite
Huff-Rousselle, M. (2013), Reflections on the frameworks we use to capture complex and dynamic health sector issues. Int. J. Health Plann. Mgmt., 28: 95–101. doi: 10.1002/hpm.2161
- Issue published online: 3 MAR 2013
- Article first published online: 11 JAN 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 10 DEC 2012
- Manuscript Received: 7 DEC 2012
- 2012. Why differentiating between health system support and health system strengthening is needed. Int J Health Plann Manage. DOI: 10.1002/hpm.2122 , , , .
- 2009. The Innovator's Prescription: A Disruptive Solution for Health Care. New York: McGraw-Hill. , , .
- 2012. Reshaping global health: time for a structural and philosophical shift. Policy Review. No. 173, June. , , .
- Economist, The. 2012. “Squeezing out the doctor: the role of physicians at the center of health care is under pressure” in briefing: the future of medicine. June 2nd issue.
- 2009. The Checklist Manifesto: How to Get Things Right. New York: Metropolitan Books. .
- 2009. We're Number 37. You Tube. Accessed 7 June 2012, <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVgOl3cETb4>> .
- 1995. Abnormal economics in the health sector. Health Policy 32: 125–139. .
- 2012. “Who wants to practice medicine in a country where they use power tools in surgery? The dilemma of doctors in the developing world.” The New York Times Magazine, March 11. .
- 1996. Managing government, governing management. Harv Bus Rev, May-June. .
- 2002. The politics of reforming health policies. Promot Educ 9(4): 138–142. .
- 2010. PolicyMaker 4.0: computer assisted political analysis (Software) Available at: www.polimap.com. , .
- 2004. Getting Health Reform Right: A Guide to Improving Performance and Equity. New York: Oxford University Press. , .
- 2012. “Club Med.” The New Yorker, April 16. .
- World Health Organization. 2000. The World Health Report: Health Systems: Improving Performance. Geneva: World Health Organization.
- World Health Organization. 2007a. Everybody's Business: Strengthening Health Systems to Improve Health Outcomes: WHO's Framework for Action. Geneva: World Health Organization.
- World Health Organization. 2007b. The Global Fund Strategic Approach to Health Systems Strengthening: Report from WHO to the Global Fund. Geneva: World Health Organization.
- World Health Organization. 2010. Monitoring the Building Blocks of Health Systems: A Handbook of Indicators and Their Measurement Strategies. Geneva: World Health Organization.