Community programmes for coronary heart disease in Spanish primary care
Version of Record online: 10 JUN 2014
Copyright © 2014 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
The International Journal of Health Planning and Management
Volume 31, Issue 1, pages 87–96, January-March 2016
How to Cite
2016) Community programmes for coronary heart disease in Spanish primary care. Int J Health Plann Mgmt, 31: 87–96. doi: 10.1002/hpm.2262., , , , , , and (
- Issue online: 21 MAR 2016
- Version of Record online: 10 JUN 2014
- Manuscript Accepted: 7 MAY 2014
- Manuscript Revised: 14 APR 2014
- Manuscript Received: 11 OCT 2013
- 2008. Reducing overweight and obesity: closing the gap between primary care and public health. Fam Pract 25(suppl 1): i10–i16. .
- B.O.E. 2007. Population Figures Royal Decree 1683/2007. Boletin Oficial del Estado. Available at: http://www.ine.es/jaxi/menu.do?type=pcaxis&path=/t20/e260/a2007/&file=pcaxis (Accessed 26 August 2013).
- 2002. Improving primary care for patients with chronic illness. JAMA 288(14): 1775–1779. , , .
- 2008. Variability in the performance of preventive services and in the degree of control of identified health problems: a primary care study protocol. BMC Public Health 8: 281. , , , et al.
- ISTAPS Study Group. 2011. Effectiveness of a stepped primary care smoking cessation intervention: cluster randomized clinical trial (ISTAPS study). Addiction 106(9): 1696–1706. Epub 2011 Jul 22. , , , , ,
- Cholesterol Treatment Trialists (CTT) Collaborators. 2005. Efficacy and safety of cholesterol-lowering treatment: prospective meta-analysis of data from 90056 participants in 14 randomised trials of statins. Lancet 366(9493): 1267–1278.
- 2000. Alcohol and coronary heart disease: a meta-analysis. Addiction 95(10): 1505–1523. , , , , .
- 2004. Smoking cessation for the secondary prevention of coronary heart disease. Cochrane Database Syst Rev (1): CD003041. , .
- 1997. Systematic review of randomised controlled trials of multiple risk factor interventions for preventing coronary heart disease. BMJ 314(7095): 1666–1674. , .
- 2006. Testing a European set of indicators for the evaluation of the management of primary care practices. Fam Pract 23(1): 137–147. , , , et al.
- 2006. A randomized trial of lifestyle intervention in primary healthcare for the modification of cardiovascular risk factors The Björknäs study. Scand J of Public Health 34(5): 453–461. , , .
- Fourth Joint Task Force of the European Society of Cardiology and Other Societies. 2007. European guidelines on cardiovascular disease prevention in clinical practice: executive summary. Eur Heart J 28: 2375–2414.
- 2013. Trends and predictors of hospitalisation, rehospitalisation and long length of stay in Mediterranean ambulatory patients with chronic heart failure. A population based study. Rev Clin Esp 213(1): 1–7. , , , , , .
- 2008. Training and application of community-oriented primary care (COPC) through family medicine in Catalonia, Spain. Fam Med 40(3): 196–202. , .
- 2002. Acceptance of guideline recommendations and perceived implementation of coronary heart disease prevention among primary care physicians in five European countries: the Reassessing European Attitudes about Cardiovascular Treatment (REACT) survey. Fam Pract 19(6): 596–604. , .
- 2012. Reduced or modified dietary fat for preventing cardiovascular disease. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 5: CD002137. , , , et al.
- 2006. Linking clinical care to community resources for cardiovascular disease prevention: the North Carolina Enhanced WISEWOMAN Project. J Women's Health 15(5): 569–583. , , , et al.
- 2000. Exercise-based rehabilitation for coronary heart disease. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 4: CD001800. , , , et al.
- 2009. Cardiovascular prevention guidelines in daily practice: a comparison of EUROASPIRE I, II and III surveys in eight European countries. Lancet 373(9667): 929–940. , , , , , .
- 2013. Effectiveness of a community health worker cardiovascular risk reduction program in public health and health care settings. Am J Public Health 103(1): e19–e27. , , , , , .
- 2012. Process evaluation of a lifestyle intervention to prevent diabetes and cardiovascular diseases in primary care. Health Promot Pract 13(5): 696–706. , , , , , .
- 2003. Quantifying effect of statins on low density lipoprotein cholesterol, ischaemic heart disease, and stroke: systematic review and meta-analysis. BMJ 326: 1423–1429. , , .
- 1994. By how much and how quickly does reduction in serum cholesterol concentration lower risk of ischaemic heart disease? BMJ 308: 367–372. , , .
- 2012a. What components of chronic care organisation relate to better primary care for coronary heart disease patients. An observational study. BMJ OPEN e001344. DOI: 10.1136/bmjopen-2012_001344 , , , , .
- 2010. Primary care characteristics and population-orientated health care across Europe: an observational study. BJGP e22–e30. DOI: 10.3399/bjgp11X548938 , , , , .
- 2012b(bis). Cardiovascular risk management in patients with coronary heart disease in primary care: variation across countries and practices. An observational study based on quality indicators. BMC Fam Pract 13: 96. , , , et al.
- 2000. Nutrition and the health care agenda: a primary care perspective. Fam Pract 17(2): 197–202. , , , .
- 2007. Get moving! Physical activity counseling in primary care. J Am Acad Nurse Pract 19(349): 357. .
- 2009. Adherence to diabetes self-care behaviors in English and Spanish-speaking Hispanic men. Patient Prefer Adherence 3: 123–130. , , , , , .
- The Fifth Joint Task Force of the European Society of Cardiology and Other Societies on Cardiovascular Disease Prevention in Clinical Practice. 2012. European guidelines on cardiovascular disease prevention in clinical practice (version 2012). Eur Heart J 33: 1635–1701.
- 2005. A meta-analysis of interventions to improve care for chronic illnesses. Am J Manag Care 11(8): 478–488. , , , .
- 1996. Organizing care for patients with chronic illness. Milbank Q 74(4): 511–544. , , .
- 2009. European Practice Assessment of Cardiovascular Risk Management (EPA Cardio): protocol of an international observational study in primary care. Implementation Sci 4(3). DOI: 10.1186/1748-5908-4-3 , , , , , .
- 1998. Patients' perceptions of their heart attack and recovery: the influence of epidemiological “evidence” and personal experience. Soc Sci Med 46(11): 1477–1486. .
- 2003. Effects of a general practice-based intervention on diet, body mass index and blood lipids in patients at cardiovascular risk. J Cardio Risk 10: 31–40. , , , , .