Towards medicines regulatory authorities' quality performance improvement: value for public health
Version of Record online: 2 JUL 2014
Copyright © 2014 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
The International Journal of Health Planning and Management
Volume 31, Issue 1, pages E22–E40, January-March 2016
How to Cite
2016) Towards medicines regulatory authorities' quality performance improvement: value for public health. Int J Health Plann Mgmt, 31: E22–E40. doi: 10.1002/hpm.2265., , , and (
- Issue online: 21 MAR 2016
- Version of Record online: 2 JUL 2014
- Manuscript Accepted: 30 MAY 2014
- Manuscript Revised: 21 MAY 2014
- Manuscript Received: 5 SEP 2012
- 2001. Total quality management — the new paradigm in health care management. Med J Armed Forces India 57(3): 226–229. , , .
- 2001. Issues in the assessment of continuous quality improvement implementation in health care organizations. Int J Qual Health Care 13: 197–207. , .
- 1997. Quality is Free: The Art of Making Quality Certain. MacGraw-Hill: New York. .
- 2011. Overview of the quality assurance movement in health care. Best Pract Res Clin Gastroenterol 25(3): 337–347. , , , .
- 1982. Out of the Crisis. Cambridge University Press: Cambridge, MA. .
- 1999. TQM in public organizations: an examination of the issues. Manag Serv Qual 9(4): 265–274. , , .
- 1983. The Criteria and Standard of Quality. Health Administration Press: Ann Harbor. .
- 2002. Organizational effectiveness in Irish health-care organizations. Manag Serv Qual 12(5): 316–322. , .
- 1998. The effects of total quality management on corporate performance: an empirical investigation. J Bus 71: 253–307. , .
- 1998. Public sector quality: political project or legitimate goal?. Int J Public Sector Manage 11(5): 341–353. , , .
- European Commission. 2010. Evaluation of the European Medicines Agency. EC: Brussels.
- 2007. Critical success factors of continuous improvement in the public sector: a literature review and some key findings. TQM Mag 19(5): 497–517. , , .
- 1987. Competing on the eight dimension of quality. Harv Bus Rev 65(6): 101–109. .
- 1995. Total quality management: empirical, conceptual and practical issues. Admin Sci Q 40(2): 309–342. , .
- 1989. Juran on Planning for Quality. WI: Milwaukee. .
- 2012. Identification of patient's requirements in quality management system in health care institutions. Rep Practical Oncol Radiother 17(1): 50–53. , .
- 2003. Good practice in the conduct and reporting of survey research. Int J Qual Health Care 15: 261–266. , , .
- 2006. Different types and aspect of quality systems and their implications. A thematic comparison of seven quality systems at a university hospital. Health Policy 76: 125–133. , .
- 1996. Total quality management in hospitals: the contribution of commitment, quality council, teams, budgets, and training to perceived improvement at Veterans Health Administration hospitals. Med Care 34: 463–478. , , , .
- 2002. The strategic placement of TQM in the organization: a grounded study. Manag Serv Qual 12(1): 43–53. , .
- 2005. The European Medicines Agency: preparing the ground for the future. Pharm Policy Law 6: 69–72. .
- 2008. The relationship between quality management systems and organizational performance in the Italian National Health Service. Health Policy 85: 228–241. .
- 2009. Quality management and patient safety: survey results from 102 Hungarian hospitals. Health Policy 90: 175–180. , , .
- 2011. Total quality management in pharmaceuticals: a review. Int J Pharm Tech Res 3(1): 365–375. , , .
- 1992. Total quality management for public service productivity improvement. In Public Productivity Handbook, Halzer M (ed). Marcel Dakke: New York; 577–603. .
- 2000. Total quality management in European healthcare. Int J Health Care Qual Assur 13(2): 74–80. .
- 2011. How to remove barriers to medicines trade in emerging economies: the role of medicines regulatory authority in Serbia. Accred Qual Assur 16: 253–261. , , .
- 1995. Total quality management as competitive advantage: a review and empirical study. Strat Manag J 16: 15–37. .
- 1993. A critique of TQM: problems of implementation in the public sector. Publ Admin Q 17(1): 42–53. , .
- 2002. Effective Drug Regulation: A Multicountry Study and Annex 1: Guide for Data Collection to Assess Drug Regulatory Performance. WHO: Geneva. , .
- 1999. Management of information technology and quality performance in health care facilities. Int J Appl Qual Manag 2(2): 251–269. , , .
- 2009. The history of quality measurement in home health care. Clin Geriatr Med 25(1): 121–134. .
- 1989. An instrument for measuring the critical factor of quality management. Decis Sci 20: 810–829. , , .
- 2000. External quality mechanisms for health care: summary on the expert project on visitatie, accreditation, EFQM, and ISO assessment in European Union Countries. Int J Qual Health Care 12: 165–169. .
- 1995. Assessing the impact of continuous quality improvement/total quality management: concepts versus implementation. Health Serv Res 30: 377–401. , , .
- 1999. Gaining perspectives: the future of TQM in public sectors. TQM Mag 11(6): 414–419. .
- 1992. Adopting TQM to government. Publ Admin Rev 52(4): 352–356. .
- 2007. The relationship between quality management practices and their effects on quality outcomes. Eur J Oper Res 183: 483–501. , , .
- 2003. A longitudinal study of TQM implementation: factors influencing success and failure. Omega 31: 97–111. , .
- United States Pharmacopeial Convention. 2005. Ensuring the Quality of Medicines in Low-Income Countries, an Operational Guide. United States Pharmacopeial Convention: Rockville.
- 2004. Quality management in the Turkish public sector: a survey. Publ Admin Dev 24(2): 157–171. , .
- 2012. Leading quality improvement in primary care: recommendations for success. Am J Med 125(9): 869–872. , , , .
- 1999. A measuring instrument for evaluation of quality systems. Int J Qual Health Care 11: 119–130. , , .
- 2006. The implementation of quality management systems in hospitals: a comparison between three countries. BMC Health Serv Res 6: 50. , , .