Stephen J. Kobrin is Professor of Management at The Wharton School of The University of Pennsylvania. His research interests involve the intersection of international business and international politics and the impact of global strategies on multinationals and nation states. He has published in such journals as International Organization, the Journal of International Business Studies, and the Journal of Conflict Resolution. He is the author of Managing Political Risk Assessment, published by the University of California Press (1982).
Expatriate reduction and strategic control in American multinational corporations
Article first published online: 2 NOV 2006
Copyright © 1988 Wiley Periodicals, Inc., A Wiley Company
Human Resource Management
Volume 27, Issue 1, pages 63–75, Spring 1988
How to Cite
Kobrin, S. J. (1988), Expatriate reduction and strategic control in American multinational corporations. Hum. Resour. Manage., 27: 63–75. doi: 10.1002/hrm.3930270104
- Issue published online: 2 NOV 2006
- Article first published online: 2 NOV 2006
Options for accessing this content:
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!