Special Review Article
An update on conformation sensitive gel electrophoresis
Article first published online: 18 MAR 2002
Copyright © 2002 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
Volume 19, Issue 4, pages 334–342, April 2002
How to Cite
Ganguly, A. (2002), An update on conformation sensitive gel electrophoresis. Hum. Mutat., 19: 334–342. doi: 10.1002/humu.10059
- Issue published online: 18 MAR 2002
- Article first published online: 18 MAR 2002
- 1989. The contrasting structures of mismatched DNA sequences containing looped-out bases (bulges) and multiple mismatches (bubbles). Nucleic Acids Res 17:6821–6840. .
- 1991. A study of electrophoretic mobility of DNA in agarose and polyacrylamide gels. J Molec Biol 221:981–1005. .
- 1999. Superiority of denaturing high performance liquid chromatography over single-stranded conformation and conformation-sensitive gel electrophoresis for mutation detection in TSC2. Ann Hum Genet 63:383–391. .
- 1989. Detection and location of single-base mutations in large DNA fragments by immunomicroscopy. Genomics 4:530–538. .
- 1993. Conformation-sensitive gel electrophoresis for rapid detection of single-base differences in double-stranded PCR products and DNA fragments: evidence for solvent-induced bends in DNA heteroduplexes [published erratum appears in Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 1994;24;91:5217]. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 90:10325–10329. .
- 1998. High throughput fluorescence-based conformation-sensitive gel electrophoresis (F-CSGE) identifies six unique BRCA2 mutations and an overall low incidence of BRCA2 mutations in high-risk BRCA1-negative breast cancer families. Hum Genet 102:546–549. .
- 2000. Relationship between factor VIII mutation type and inhibitor development in a cohort of previously untreated patients treated with recombinant factor VIII (Recombinate). Recombinate PUP Study Group. Thromb Haemost 83:844–848. .
- 1988. Development of polyacrylamide gels that improve the separation of proteins and their detection by silver staining. Anal Biochem 173:412–423. .
- 1993. Nucleosomal DNA sequence database. Nucleic Acids Res 21:4857–4859. .
- 1991. Rapid detection of single base mismatches as heteroduplexes on Hydrolink gels. Trends Genet 7:5. .
- 1986. DNA bending at adenine thymine tracts. Nature 320:501–506. .
- 1998a. Conformation sensitive gel electrophoresis for simple and accurate detection of mutations: comparison with denaturing gradient gel electrophoresis and nucleotide sequencing. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 95:1681–1685. .
- 1998b. Use of conformation sensitive gel electrophoresis to detect single-base changes in the gene for COL10A1. Hum Mutat (Suppl) 1:S201–S203. .
- 1981. Unwinding of double-stranded DNA helix by dehydration. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 78:2838–2842. .
- 2001. High-throughput conformation-sensitive gel electrophoresis for discovery of SNPs. Biotechniques 30:334–335. .
- 1986. Bending and flexibility of kinetoplast DNA. Biochemistry 25:3988–3995. .
- 1984. Physical characterization of a kinetoplast DNA fragment with unusual properties. J Biol Chem 259:8974–8979. .
- 1989. A PCR artifact: generation of heteroduplexes. Am J Hum Genet 45:337–339. .
- 1977. DNA melting temperatures and renaturation rates in concentrated alkylammonium salt solutions. Biopolymers 16:1183–1199. .
- 1992. Hydrolink gels: a rapid and simple approach to the detection of DNA mutations in thromboembolic disease. J Clin Path 45:158–160. .
- 1995. Translational positioning of nucleosomes on DNA: the role of sequence-dependent isotropic DNA bending stiffness. J Molec Biol 247:918–931. .
- 1992. Improved detection of mutations in the p53 gene in human tumors as single-stranded conformation polymorphs and double-stranded heteroduplex DNA. PCR Methods Appl 2:96–98. .
- 1992. Detecting single base substitutions as heteroduplex polymorphisms. Genomics 12:301–306. .
- 1995. Three new point mutations in type II procollagen (COL2A1) and identification of a fourth family with the COL2A1 Arg519Cys base substitution using conformation sensitive gel electrophoresis. Hum Mol Genet 4:309–312. .
- 1984. The locus of sequence-directed and protein-induced DNA bending. Nature 308:509–513. .
- 1987. DNA bend direction by phase sensitive detection. Nature 328:178–181. .