Communicated by David Goldgar
Article first published online: 20 FEB 2007
This article is a U.S. Government work and is in the public domain in the U.S.A. Published in 2007 by Wiley-Liss, Inc.
Volume 28, Issue 6, pages 622–629, June 2007
How to Cite
Petitjean, A., Mathe, E., Kato, S., Ishioka, C., Tavtigian, S. V., Hainaut, P. and Olivier, M. (2007), Impact of mutant p53 functional properties on TP53 mutation patterns and tumor phenotype: lessons from recent developments in the IARC TP53 database. Hum. Mutat., 28: 622–629. doi: 10.1002/humu.20495
This article is a US government work, and, as such, is in the public domain in the United States of America.
- Issue published online: 12 APR 2007
- Article first published online: 20 FEB 2007
- Manuscript Accepted: 12 JAN 2007
- Manuscript Received: 15 NOV 2006
- 2001. Relative frequency and morphology of cancers in carriers of germline TP53 mutations. Oncogene 20:4621–4628. , , , , , , , .
- 1996. Dominant-negative p53 mutations selected in yeast hit cancer hotspots. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 93:4091–4095. , , .
- 2007. Inactive full-length p53 mutants lacking dominant wild-type p53 inhibition highlight loss-of-heterozygosity as an important aspect of p53 status in human cancers. Carcinogenesis 28:289–298. , , , , , , , .
- 1996. Preferential formation of benzo[a]pyrene adducts at lung cancer mutational hotspots in P53. Science 274:430–432. , , , .
- 2000. p53 and human cancer: the first ten thousand mutations. Adv Cancer Res 77:81–137. , .
- 1994. Gain-of-function mutations of the p53 gene induce lymphohematopoietic metastatic potential and tissue invasiveness. Am J Pathol 145:702–714. , , , , , , .
- 2003. Understanding the function-structure and function-mutation relationships of p53 tumor suppressor protein by high-resolution missense mutation analysis. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 100:8424–8429. , , , , , , .
- 2004. Gain of function of a p53 hot spot mutation in a mouse model of Li-Fraumeni syndrome. Cell 119:861–872. , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2004. A nucleotide substitution model with nearest-neighbour interactions. Bioinformatics 20(Suppl 1):I216–I223. , .
- 1990. Germ line p53 mutations in a familial syndrome of breast cancer, sarcomas, and other neoplasms. Science 250:1233–1238. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2006. Computational approaches for predicting the biological effect of p53 missense mutations: a comparison of three sequence analysis based methods. Nucleic Acids Res 34:1317–1325. , , , , , .
- 2001. Amifostine (WR2721) restores transcriptional activity of specific p53 mutant proteins in a yeast functional assay. Oncogene 20:3533–3540. , , , , , , .
- 2004. Mutant p53 gain of function in two mouse models of Li-Fraumeni syndrome. Cell 119:847–860. , , , , , , , .
- 2002. The IARC TP53 database: new online mutation analysis and recommendations to users. Hum Mutat 19:607–614. , , , , , .
- 2003. Li-Fraumeni and related syndromes: correlation between tumor type, family structure, and TP53 genotype. Cancer Res 63:6643–6650. , , , , , , .
- 2004. TP53 mutation spectra and load: a tool for generating hypotheses on the etiology of cancer. IARC Sci Publ 157:247–270. , , , , .
- 2006. The clinical value of somatic TP53 gene mutations in 1,794 patients with breast cancer. Clin Cancer Res 12:1157–1167. , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2000. Identification of a tumor-derived p53 mutant with novel transactivating selectivity. Oncogene 19:3095–3100. , .
- 1999. Novel p53 mutants selected in BRCA-associated tumours which dissociate transformation suppression from other wild-type p53 functions. Oncogene 18:2451–2459. , , , , , , , , , , .
- 1997. A detailed study of loss of heterozygosity on chromosome 17 in tumours from Li-Fraumeni patients carrying a mutation to the TP53 gene. Oncogene 14:865–871. , , , , , , , .
- 2000. Surfing the p53 network. Nature 408:307–310. , , .
- 2006. Prevalence of early onset colorectal cancer in 397 patients with classic Li-Fraumeni syndrome. Gastroenterology 130:73–79. , , , , , , , .
- 2000. A double germline mutations in the APC and p53 genes. Neoplasma 47:335–341. , , , , , .