Communicated by Ravi Savarirayan
Mutation Analysis of the IL36RN Gene in 14 Japanese Patients with Generalized Pustular Psoriasis
Article first published online: 11 OCT 2012
© 2012 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Volume 34, Issue 1, pages 176–183, January 2013
How to Cite
Farooq, M., Nakai, H., Fujimoto, A., Fujikawa, H., Matsuyama, A., Kariya, N., Aizawa, A., Fujiwara, H., Ito, M. and Shimomura, Y. (2013), Mutation Analysis of the IL36RN Gene in 14 Japanese Patients with Generalized Pustular Psoriasis. Hum. Mutat., 34: 176–183. doi: 10.1002/humu.22203
Contract grant sponsors: The Special Coordination Funds for Promoting Science and Technology, the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology, Japan (to Y.S.); “Research on Measures for Intractable Diseases” Project: matching fund subsidy (H23–028) from Ministry of Health, Labour, and Welfare, Japan.
- Issue published online: 20 DEC 2012
- Article first published online: 11 OCT 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 17 AUG 2012 04:12PM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 31 JUL 2012
- Manuscript Received: 6 MAY 2012
- Special Coordination Funds for Promoting Science and Technology
- Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology, Japan
- Ministry of Health, Labour, and Welfare, Japan
- 2011. Clinical and laboratory features in acute generalized pustular psoriasis: a retrospective study of 34 patients. Am J Clin Dermatol 12:271–276. , , , , , .
- 2003. High-resolution structure of murine interleukin 1 homologue IL-1F5 reveals unique loop conformations for receptor binding specificity. Biochemistry 42:10938–10944. , , , , , .
- 2007. Pathogenesis and clinical features of psoriasis. Lancet 370:263–271. , .
- 2010. Psoriasis. In: Burns T, Breathnach S, Cox N, Griffiths CEM, editors. Rook's textbook of dermatology. Chichester, UK: Wiley-Blackwell. p 20.1–20.60. , .
- 2009. The SWISS-MODEL Repository and associated resources. Nucleic Acids Res 37:D387–D392. , , , , .
- 2004. The SWISS-MODEL Repository of annotated three-dimensional protein structure homology models. Nucleic Acids Res 32:D230–D234. , .
- 2011. Interleukin-36-receptor antagonist deficiency and generalized pustular psoriasis. N Engl J Med 365:620–628. , , , , , , , , , , , , et al.
- 1991. Efficient selection for high-expression transfectants with a novel eukaryotic vector. Gene 108:193–199. , , .
- 2003. Identification of p2y9/GPR23 as a novel G protein-coupled receptor for lysophosphatidic acid, structurally distant from the Edg family. J Biol Chem 278:25600–25606. , , .
- 2011. Mutations in IL36RN/IL1F5 are associated with the severe episodic inflammatory skin disease known as generalized pustular psoriasis. Am J Hum Genet 89:432–437. , , , , , , , , , , , , et al.
- 2010. APCDD1 is a novel Wnt inhibitor mutated in hereditary hypotrichosis simplex. Nature 464:1043–1047. , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2008. P-cadherin is a p63 target gene with a crucial role in the developing human limb bud and hair follicle. Development 135:743–753. , , , .
- 2010. The IL-1 family: regulators of immunity. Nat Rev Immunol 10:89–102. , .
- 2012. A novel IL36RN/IL1F5 homozygous nonsense mutation, p.Arg10X, in a Japanese patient with adult-onset generalized pustular psoriasis. Br J Dermatol 167:699–701. , , , , , , .
- 1994. CLUSTAL W: improving the sensitivity of progressive multiple sequence alignment through sequence weighting, position-specific gap penalties and weight matrix choice. Nucleic Acids Res 22:4673–4680. , , .
- 2004. Interleukin (IL)-1F6, IL-1F8, and IL-1F9 signal through IL-1Rrp2 and IL-1RAcP to activate the pathway leading to NF-kappaB and MAPKs. J Biol Chem 279:13677–13688. , , , , .