High-throughput multiplex SNP genotyping with MALDI-TOF mass spectrometry: Practice, problems and promise
Article first published online: 2 APR 2001
Copyright © 2001 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
Special Issue: SNP 2000: Third International Meeting on Single Nucleotide Polymorphism and Complex Genome Analysis
Volume 17, Issue 4, pages 296–304, April 2001
How to Cite
Bray, M. S., Boerwinkle, E. and Doris, P. A. (2001), High-throughput multiplex SNP genotyping with MALDI-TOF mass spectrometry: Practice, problems and promise. Hum. Mutat., 17: 296–304. doi: 10.1002/humu.27
- Issue published online: 2 APR 2001
- Article first published online: 2 APR 2001
- Manuscript Accepted: 12 JAN 2001
- Manuscript Received: 8 NOV 2000
- CDC. Grant Number: UR6/CCU617218-01
- NIH. Grant Numbers: HL54481, HL54526, HL54457, HL54464, DDK45538
- 2000. An SNP map of the human genome generated by reduced representation shotgon sequencing. Nature 407:513–516. .
- 1997. Polymorphisms of alpha-adducin and salt sensitivity in patients with essential hypertension. Lancet 349:1353–1357. .
- 2000. Single nucleotide polymorphisms as tools in human genetics. Hum Mol Genet 9:2403–2408. .
- 2000. Genetic identification by mass spectrometric analysis of single-nucleotide polymorphisms: ternary encoding of genotypes. Anal Chem 72:3298–3302. .
- 1997. Singel nucleotide polymorphism identification assays using a thermostable DNA polymerase and MALDI-TOF MS. Genome Res 7:378–388. .
- 1992. Molecular basis of human hypertension: role of angiotensinogen. Cell 71:169–180. .
- 2000. Approaches to functional genomics: potential of matrix-assisted laser desorption ionization—time of flight mass spectrometry combined with separation methods for the analysis of DNA in biological samples. Chromatogr B Biomed Sci Appl J 745:231–241. .
- 2000. Central mutation databases—a review. Hum Mutat 15:36–44. .
- 1998. High level multiplex genotyping by MALDI-TOF mass spectrometry. Nat Biotechnol 16:1347–1351. .
- 2000. Lipoprotein lipase (C/G)447 polymorphism and blood pressure in the Stanislas Cohort. J Hypertens 18:1775–1781. .
- 1998. Association of a human G-protein beta3 subunit variant with hypertension. Nat Genet 18:45–48. .
- 2000. A new MALDI-TOF based mini-sequencing assay for genotyping SNPs. Nucleic Acids Res 28:E68. .
- 2000. Recombinational and mutational hotspots within the human lipoprotein lipase gene. Am J Hum Genet 66:69–83. .
- 1998. Beta-2 adrenoceptor genetic variation is associated with genetic predisposition to essential hypertension: The bergen blood pressure study. Kidney Int 53:1455–1460. .
- 1997. Association of angiotensin II type 1 receptor gene polymorphiszm with essential hypertension. Clin Genet 51:31–34. .