Fluorescent microsphere-based readout technology for multiplexed human single nucleotide polymorphism analysis and bacterial identification
Article first published online: 2 APR 2001
Copyright © 2001 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
Special Issue: SNP 2000: Third International Meeting on Single Nucleotide Polymorphism and Complex Genome Analysis
Volume 17, Issue 4, pages 305–316, April 2001
How to Cite
Ye, F., Li, M.-S., Taylor, J. D., Nguyen, Q., Colton, H. M., Casey, W. M., Wagner, M., Weiner, M. P. and Chen, J. (2001), Fluorescent microsphere-based readout technology for multiplexed human single nucleotide polymorphism analysis and bacterial identification. Hum. Mutat., 17: 305–316. doi: 10.1002/humu.28
- Issue published online: 2 APR 2001
- Article first published online: 2 APR 2001
- Manuscript Accepted: 8 JAN 2001
- Manuscript Received: 18 OCT 2000
- 1989. Rapid determination of bacterial RNA sequences by direct sequencing of enzymatically amplified DNA. FEMS Microbiol Lett 65:171–176. .
- 2000. Flow cytometry-based minisequencing: a new platform for high-throughput single-nucleotide polymorphism scoring. Genomics 66:135–143. .
- 2000. A microsphere-based assay for single nucleotide polymorphism analysis using single base chain extension. Genome Res 10:549–557. .
- 1999. Fluorescence polarization in homogeneous nucleic acid analysis. Genome Res 9:492–498. .
- 1985. An estimate of unique DNA sequence heterozygosity in the human genome. Hum Genet 69:201–205. .
- 2000. Parallel genotyping of human SNPs using generic high-density oligonucleotide tag arrays. Genome Res 10:853–860. .
- 1998. Sequencing exons 5 to 8 of the p53 gene by MALDI-TOF mass spectrometry. Nat Biotechnol 16:381–384. .
- 1997. Advanced multiplexed analysis with the FlowMetrix system. Clin Chem 43:1749–1756. .
- 1999. Single nucleotide polymorphic discrimination by an electronic dot blot assay on semiconductor microchips. Nat Biotechnol 17:365–370. .
- 2000. Multiplexed single nucleotide polymorphism genotyping by oligonucleotide ligation and flow cytometry. Cytometry 39:131–140. .
- 1998. Classification and properties of 64 multiplexed microsphere sets. Cytometry 33:234–243. .
- 1998. Species identification of mycobacteria using DNA sequencing. Methods Mol Biol 101:349–361. .
- 1999. Ribosomal DNA sequencing as a tool for identification of bacterial pathogens. Curr Opin Microbiol 2:299–305. .
- 1998. A 4-MB high-density single nucleotide polymorphism-based map around human APOE. Genomics 54:31–38. .
- 1988. A ligase-mediated gene detection technique. Science 241:1077–1080. .
- 1995. Towards full automated genome-wide polymorphism screening. Nat Genet 9:341–342. .
- 1998. Design and evaluation of useful bacterium-specific PCR primers that amplify genes coding for bacterial 16S rRNA. Appl Environ Microbiol 64:795–799. .
- 1999. Bacterial species identification after DNA amplification with a universal primer pair. Mol Genet Met 66:205–211. .
- 1997. True multiplexed analysis by computer-enhanced flow cytometry. Med Dev Diag Indust 19:75–82. .
- 1994. Flow microsphere immunoassay for the quantitative and simultaneous detection of multiple soluble analytes. Meth Cell Biol 42:575–595. .
- 2000. Evaluation of single nucleotide polymorphism typing with Invader on PCR amplicons and its automation. Genome Res 10:330–343. .
- 1989. Detection of polymorphisms of human DNA by gel electrophoresis as single-strand conformation polymorphisms. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 86:2766–2770. .
- 1997. Minisequencing: a specific tool for DNA analysis and diagnostics on oligonucleotide arrays. Genome Res 7:606–614. .
- 2000. A system for specific, high-throughput genotyping by allele-specific primer extension on microarrays. Genome Res 10:1031–1042. .
- 1989. Genetic analysis of amplified DNA with immobilized sequence-specific oligonucleotide probes. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 86:6230–6234. .
- 1999. From gels to chips: “minisequencing” primer extension for analysis of point mutations and single nucleotide polymorphisms. Hum Mutat 13:1–10. .
- 2000. Identification of coryneform bacterial isolates by ribosomal DNA sequence analysis. J Clin Microbiol 38:1676–1678. .
- 1998. Multicolor molecular beacons for allele discrimination. Nat Biotechnol 16:49–53. .